Some not so good news

I'm starting to catch up on all my stories, after a month.....

Any future chapters you want to see? Leave 'em here>>>>

Also!!! DISCLAIMER: I don't think half of the stuff in here is even true, I only know the basics, but it's fanfiction so....

Darien and Esther went into their 4th month appointment, expecting to find out the gender of baby number 5. They were hoping for another girl, but would be happy either way.

Waiting in the half-filled waiting room made Darien more anxious as time went on. But soon enough, they were called back.

"Esther Koop?" An older looking nurse called out.

She wasn't exactly the nicest, but the duo just dealt with it. She took Esther's weight and height, her temperature and blood pressure. The nurse stopped shortly after she started squeezing the device that took blood pressure. A frown made it's way onto her face. She wrote something down and briskly walked out of the room.

Esther worriedly looked at Darien. He just shrugged his shoulders. They waited another 20 minutes before the doctor finally walked in.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Pepsilk. So, right off the bat. Your blood pressure is very high, which isn't good. I want to do a blood test and an ultrasound right away" he says.

Esther starts biting her nails but Darien stops her.

The doctor brings her to the ultrasound room. He has Esther lay down on the bed. He squirts the cool gel on her abdomen. He takes the stick and places it over the gel. He moves around, frowning.

"It's a stubborn little thing. Come on... Show us where you are" he says, getting a chuckle out of them.

Finally, he finds it. His frown returns, worse than before.

"There it is. Let's see... Do you want to know the good news or bad news first?" He asks the wedded couple.

"Good news, I guess" Esther speaks up.

"Good news is.. It's a boy! Congratulations! Now for some bad news. He hasn't fully attached onto the uterine lining, so development will be slow. There's a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. Secondly, the scarring tissue is still in you, so if that touches the fetus, that could lead to development issues and could kill you and the baby. The chances of that resulting in death to the both of you are about 2000 to 1, so very slim. I'm so sorry about this" the doctor says. explains.

He steps out of the room to Esther and Darien a minute.

"Well" Darien says out of the blue.

Esther's trying her hardest to not break down.

"I want this baby. I want to see him grow. Darien, I can't lose the baby" she starts, finally letting a tear fall down her face.

"And we won't. We will fight with all that we have. We are going to have a son, we are bringing another baby into the world, even if we have to go through hell and back to do that" Darien comforts.

They sit in almsot silence, occasionally sniffing and wiping tears away. They keep their hands on the ever so slightly noticable bump on Esther's stomach.

"Hi baby. Mommy's going to keep you, and you're going to meet us if it's the last thing we do. Mommy and Daddy love you" Esther says, softly patting her stomach and looking down at it.

Dr. Pepsilk walks back into the room.

"Bad time?" He asks, keeping it quiet.

"No, no. We've decided" Esther tells him.

He waits expectantly, having his eyes set on them and pen ready to type.

"We're keeping him. We'll do whatever it takes to make sure he comes into the world" they both tell him.

He smiles and nods, writing more down on his clipboard.

"Well, first things first. We need to have a regular monitor check-up, every week at least. And we'll have a smaller monitor on you. It will be just a little tiny thing that goes on the left side of your chest. This makes sure that you're in the best shape, so we don't run into any more risks along the way. Pregnancies like this are rare and almost 97% of the time, it usually ends in breech birth, premature birth, if not miscarriage. I'm going to write you a prescription for a prenatal pill and a drink. These are stronger than something I would give for someone else, but it will help with development. I'm going to be ride beside you through this, stay strong" he describes and explains.

Darien signs the necessary papers and they walk out of the office. They're shocked and worried, but they came out stronger than they did before they came in.

I promise you this much....
No one is going to die

Qotd-

What time do you start getting ready for/celebrating Christmas?

Aotd-

I try to hold off celebrating and decorating til after Thanksgiving, but I listen to Christmas music the second it comes on

°

°

°