They were surprised when her eyes fluttered closed seconds later. 

The she-wolf went limp, her lips no longer flashed her teeth, but there was a crease in her eyebrows that indicated she was in some kind of pain. 

They all breathed a sigh of relief, although the Alpha assumed she took too much energy at once from her healing body, and it forced a shut down. He knew she wouldn't be waking for the remainder of the ride to their safe house. 

If anything had happened, none of them were sure what to do if but pin her down, and that might have sent her into some kind of panic for all they knew. They didn't know much of the she-wolf, their best hope relied on Darren, who was the only one in their pack that had the experience with abused and traumatized wolves; and he had sternly advised that no one lay a hand on her if she was conscious.

Alpha turned around in his seat when the she-wolf no longer showed signs of being awake and stared out the windshield at the snowy road ahead of them, his thoughts clouded with concern and frustration. 

He knew that she was a killer, he had heard the stories just like everyone else. He was sure that he had a safe plan for her redemption, but upon seeing her initial reaction to Elijah, doubt was beginning to gather in the depths of his mind. He knew the pain of tragic loss, and although they shared it, hers was much more raw and harrowing.

He had only ever seen one werewolf abused to this extent, and that werewolf looked nothing like this she-wolf. When he looked into her eyes, there was nothing. He couldn't decipher an emotion or even a sign of any thoughts. There was just a blank space. 

She was not going to be like others. 

"She'll be fine, Alpha," Daniel sensed his worry, and glanced across the console with a warm smile, "She's been a fighter for years, she won't give up now."

His Alpha sighed, "A fighter, yes. But what will she fight against?"

"Whatever happens, we can handle it." Daniel assured. 

"And what if nothing happens?"

Daniel paused, "What do you mean?" 

"She is a feral wolf,"  The Alpha rubbed a hand down his face, "I can see it in her eyes, I knew this was a factor. Even if she does decide not to eat us, it might be extremely hard to help her open up, and if she doesn't, what then? How do we help her?"

The driver sighed, his shoulders sagging with the process, "I don't know. You're sure she isn't just scared?"

"There was no fear in her eyes."

"We can't be sure until she's fully conscious, though." Daniel tried to help, although he knew the words of his Alpha were true. 

The Alpha drew a heavy breath but said nothing more, his eyes focusing on the snow buried landscape flying by his window. He was going to have some major thinking to do in order to keep everyone safe.

For now, they could only wait and hope. 

It was all they could ever do. 

The world was no longer the place that her ancestors had claimed it to be. They once degraded the human race because of their cruel and heartless acts, but little did they know that every species had a dark soul; human or not. 

Everyone was destined to hurt someone. 

There was no escape from the nightmare, not even if she fought with her every breath, she was always overpowered.