Chapter 25

"Tyler!" I shriek, giggling as he launches another pillow in my direction.

"Oh, shit." I wince as the pillow tips over his lamp.

He stares at it, but shrugs it off as he sets down the box he was carrying.

"I got another one of those," he mutters, motioning towards the broken lamp.

I chuckle, stretching as I walk towards him.

"Need any help?" I ask, glancing down at all the boxes.

"Well, since this is all your shit," he says, winking at me.

I smile, grabbing a box and heading towards his room.

Ever since Tyler and I made up, things have been going well. He woke me up one morning with a set of keys in his hand, and a moving truck outside my apartment.

"Baby!" Tyler yells through his house, and I snap out of my thoughts as he walks in his-- our room.

"Hmm?"

He grins, holding up something --- oh.

"Why do you have that?" I stammer, blushing.

"Because I'm nosy and went through your stuff," he explains, like it's nothing.

"You kept a diary when you were 19, sweetheart?" he says, sarcasm clear in his voice.

I frown, walking up to him, planning on taking my journal out of his hands.

"Not a diary; it's a journal." I reach for it, but he quickly dodges it.

"Nice try, baby," he laughs, waltzing out of the room as I follow.

"April 3, 2014," Tyler mocks, and I blush furiously.

"Tyler! Don't."

He continues.

"Tyler won't talk to me. Dylan's here, but he's not the same either. At this point I don't even want to wear my ring anymore."

I stop walking, and Tyler glances up at me.

"Is this how you felt?" he asks, his voice cracking.

I nod, biting my lip.

His eyes scan the rest of the page before he closes it, his eyes resting on me.

I walk up to him.

Neither of us move to comfort each other, we just hold eye contact. Finally, his arms wrap themselves around my shoulders, and I bury my face in his chest.

"I love you, so much. I'm so sorry for what happened," Tyler mumbles in my hair.

I mumble "love you too."

We stay there, holding each other for what seems like eternity.

He let's go of me suddenly, and I give him a quizzing look as he steps back from me.

Slowly, he melts down to one knee.

"Tyler," I breathe out, laughing.

He shakes his head.

"I want this to be perfect," he says, grabbing my left hand.

"Can I, uh, have the ring for a second?" he asks, laughing.

I slide it off, placing it in his palm.

"Yeah, so perfect," I snicker.

He hushes me with a look before clearing his throat.