Chapter 6

"Scottie..."

I groan, digging my face deeper in the pillow.

"Scots.." someone whispers in my ear, but I ignore them, my breathing staying steady.

"I'll take her." another voice rumbles, and I feel arms lift me up. I reach out, grasping what I thought was a pillow, but ending up being someone's shirt. I let go, letting this person pick me up. I stretch my legs out, moving around in this person's grasp.

"Scots, stop moving." the voice says, and I giggle sleepily as I stretch my arms, ending up hitting the person. I feel their scruffy beard, and I immediately realize who it is.

"Tyler?" I mumble, my eyes still closed.

I feel cloth beneath my fingertips, and then my head hit my pillow. The warmth of my boyfriend leaves, and I reach out for him.

I open my eyes, and I realize he's standing at the side of my bed, looking down at me.

"I'm sorry." I say, my voice cracking from sleep or emotion, I don't know.

His eyes trail down to where my hands are gripping his shirt, and I let go, letting them fall in my lap. He keeps looking down at his shirt, and I bite
my lip, thinking.

But instead of apologizing again, which seems like it didn't effect Tyler at all, I grab his hand, pulling him closer to my bed.

"Scots, I--"

I put my hand over his mouth, stopping him from apologizing. I remove my hand, trailing it down his chest.

His eyes follow it, and I take the opportunity to kiss him.

I get on my knees, my lips remaining on his as I level our height. His hands trail down to my thighs, pulling me up against him. My arms wrap around his neck, pulling myself even closer.

He then backs up, so my feet end up on the ground, our height back to the foot difference.

"Is this your way of apologizing?" he chuckles deeply in my ear, making my skin tingle.

I nod, connecting our lips again.

**

And I realize I've been distant lately, but my reaction to what's been going on here was too much. I'm deleting my twitter, but know I still love all of you. Thanks to those who have been there for me.

I press send, and exit out of the app. I calmly delete it, setting my phone on the table in front of me.

"Okay." I say, looking up to meet Gwen's eyes. She nods, tapping on her phone before setting it down as well.

"Now, Tyler?" she says, glancing at my boyfriend next to me. He clears his throat, sliding his phone next to me.

"Done." he says, and he takes my hand under the table.

"Okay." she says, nodding her head.

Dylan walks in the room, stretching.

"What'd I miss?" he asks, grinning.

Gwen stands up, motioning for him to follow her. Tyler takes the chance to slip his phone back in his pocket, and stand up, picking me up as well.

"Well excuse you." I say, letting my head fall back. He giggles as he walks me through the living room, and through the door.

"Ty- Tyler!" I stammer, blushing as we pass a couple of parents.

"What?" he grins, skipping down the steps.

"Tyler I'm only in my pajamas, let's go back." I beg, but he keeps walking, past the cars, past the apartments.

"Tyler!" I screech, hitting his chest.

He chuckles, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes.

We finally stop walking, and he sets me down, and I stumble backward, falling on the grass.

I look around, noticing we were at the park a couple of blocks down from my apartment.

He lays down on the grass, and I scoot close and face him.

"Scots.." he mumbles, taking my hand.

"Yes?" I giggle, and he sits up, his smile falling.

"I need to tell you something.."

**

How can everything seem so right, and suddenly fall apart into a million pieces?

How can someone who was your world become nothing?

"Scots?"

I pull on my hair, biting my lip.

"Scottie?" the voice says more urgently.

A tear slips through my scrunched up eyes, and I wipe it away hastily.

"Scottie!"

I just lay there, and finally the voice fades, and I sit up, making sure that they've left.

I grab my phone, and click on my app, and silently cry as I re-read the hate over and over, my heart being broke slowly and painfully all over again.