Chapter 3

Evelyn Fae Truelove was born June 8, 1960 to Lindsey and Samson Truelove. Evelyn was born into a family of American wizards and witches with the exception of her father's family who lived in England while she resided in the largest city in Alabama, Birmingham.

Samson had come to the states in 51' and was given a job in the wizarding area of Huntsville where he met 18 year old Lindsey Potter. The quiet young man immediately took an interest to the extroverted intern. Two years later they were married and pregnant with their first child, Jemison Lee Truelove.

The couple had decided to stay in the states due to family and Samson's job. Not that Samson minded, they stayed in an apartment building with mostly wizard and witches among them.

After Lindsey became pregnant she quit work all together, deciding to be a stay at home mom. Lindsey was from further down south, meaning the family would visit their many cousins, aunt, and uncles every few weekends.

Jemison who resembled his father greatly was as protective as any big brother was, not that he and Evelyn never got into fights that usually ended with something broken. Other than the expected sibling fights they had a good relationship.

Wampus at heart and fresh out of Ilvermorny by the summer of '71, he was a handsome boy with amber hair, forest green eyes, a chiseled jaw,and athletic build.

Unlike her old life, she grew up in a loving and caring family, a little crazy, but loving. She was surrounded by cousins, aunts, uncles, family friends- the list went on.

Her old life felt like centuries ago, as if it were all a bad dream, that didn't mean it was gone though. Evelyn remembered a few things here and there, memories of a huge house that was always empty, a thin girl with dirty blonde hair avoiding the girls smoking in the bathroom, the cold water of a swimming pool, and her body feeling as if it were on fire.

She hated swimming pools, she'd scream, kick, cry, if anyone tried to force her to go swimming. She didn't mind at all when her cousins would go over to the swimming hole without her, she'd just stay back and sit with her grandfather and grandmother.

The memories were usually foggy, but she knew what was happening, she knew what had happened to her.

~w~

May 23, 1971

  Jemison and Evelyn were sitting out on the terrace of their apartment, they carried a casual conversation as they watched the sunset over the city.

" Are you ready for school?" asked Jemison over the sound of distant honking. Evelyn sighed, " Well...I guess I'm excited, " she shrugged, " But you know how I am when it comes to making friends."

Jemison gave her a worried glance as he fiddled with the hem of his worn out Beatles shirt. " You'll be okay, Ev." he reassured.

Evelyn looked down at her beat up Chucks , " You don't know that," she mumbled, smoothing out invisible wrinkles on her denim skirt.

Jemison laid a large hand on her shoulder, " Of course I do," he began, searching for his sister's russet eyes. ", Because you're an amazing person, and anyone would be lucky as hell to have you as their friend."

Evelyn gave him a watery smile, " You think?" she whispered.

Jemison smiled, " I know." he pulled her into a tight hug, resting his chin on her head of dark curls, " You're gettin' awfully pretty," he teased, " I'm gonna have to beat boys off with a stick."

Evelyn felt herself blush, " Oh shut up." she said leaning back and hitting him the arm. Jemison laughed, " I'm serious though, you're growing up." he said, his tan hand cupping her slightly darker cheek.