Chapter 15

The rest of the year was rather bland, along with second year. Evelyn and Nicole grew closer, as close as sisters really. Nicole had officially been disowned by her family and lived with Evelyn. But as the years progressed the farther apart the boys and Evelyn grew. They were still on good terms of course, but they weren't the friends they used to be.

At the blooming age of thirteen, the chubby cheeks of the boys and Nicole began to vanish, replaced with a glimpse of what they'll look like in the near future. Unfortunately, Evelyn didn't get the 'glimpse of the future' she wanted.

She had begun to experience flashes of what she believed was the future, but not her future exactly. At times she could hear far away voices, familiar names and unfamiliar ones.

For her third year, she decided to take divination and was surprisingly good at it. Her teacher, Prof. LaCrombe, told her she must have a touch of the sight. Evelyn would shrug off her teacher's words, but every time she would predict something- the smallest things mind you- it would happen.

Lily Evans and Evelyn were still rivals, competing for the top grades, friendly in Evelyn's eyes but bloodthirsty in Lily's. They were friendly to one another though. Evelyn had a rather rough time with verbal spells, most likely due to the fact, her mother and brother had been mentally preparing her for non-verbal ones. She didn't like to do non-verbal spells in class because she didn't want to draw attention to herself, so in the spell casting department, she was quite useless. But she excelled in potions, her main competition was Severus Snape.

In her second year Sirius Black's little brother, Regulus joined Slytherin. When she first saw him she inhaled sharply and her heart skipped a beat. She knew this boy's fate if she didn't interfere.

She had to try and befriend him, some way or another.

!

September 20, 1973

It was a Thursday afternoon, classes had just let out and Nicole and Evelyn were heading back to the common room. " Merlin! I'm broke." Nicole huffed.

Evelyn raised an eyebrow. " Wait-how?" she asked, confused. Nicole groaned. " I was playing exploding snap with Stacey when she decided to spice things up and make a bet, so like the idiot I am I bet all my money- So now I'm broke." she finished with a huff.

Evelyn started thinking about what her mother had told her during first year when she received her potions kit. The first recipe she had gotten from her mother was a family recipe that was given to all her cousins when they entered school. Her mother told her how she sold it to many of her classmates and made a killing.

Evelyn would be lying if she said she hadn't thought of doing it before. With her going to Hogsmeade this year it would be handy to have some extra pocket money. Evelyn and Nicole had found their way back and entered the common room.

!

" Oh, my Merlin! You're actually doing it?" Nicole laughed. As her friend started pulling her hair up in a messy bun.

"Yep, and you're going to help me sell it," she stated, opening up her potions kit. " As long as I get money I'm cool with being your dealer," she said flipping through her Quidditch magazine.

Evelyn snorted but continued measuring bubotuber pus, and lavender powder to get rid of the smell. " That Ravenclaw fifth year Edward Midgen will be worshiping the ground you walk on if you give him a sample." Nicole quipped sitting down her magazine. Evelyn smiled.

!

" For the last time Potter, you're an arrogant toe-rag and I'll never go out with you!" Lily Evans shouted, at a smirking bespectacled boy.