Chapter 16

Hello again. 

Sorry, sorry, sorry. 

Its stupid finals and other stuff I had to do. I'm really sorry for being so slow.

I tried to make it long for you guys!

Last time:

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry darling, I'm gonna get you some help."

I instantly stilled, and my mouth fell open wide. 

Great, now he thinks I'm crazy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I stared out the window of the apartment looking at the gorgeous view of the Rocky Mountains. Forests that spread for miles, large mountains with their snow-topped peaks. Clean, rain filled air. What more could you ask for?

A way out of this mess, maybe?

The elevator with him was... wrong. It shouldn't have happened.

So I kept telling myself. The fact remained that when it did, it had felt so right.

To top it all off; I was condemned to go to school with Alec. According to him I must "get involved with the new pack, mingle."

His words not mine.

All I wanted to do was draw up my plan. Getting to Kyle was my first priority.

I yawned, as my eyes felt heavy. I was exhausted, from my recent 'outing' and holding my wolf in near iron chains. She had caught on to my plan. She is a part of me; I don't know why I actually thought I could keep my plan from her.

I pushed myself up from the window seat and walked into the kitchen for some food. The apartment was not too big, but comfortable. Even so, I was a far cry from the mansion like pack house I was used to. 

Yes, the pack house was very different from this apartment.

Walls that did not sing with children's laughter, felt wrong. Floors that did not slightly shake as people pounded up in down in races, felt empty.

The entire apartment was empty.

I was all alone.

-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at 6 o'clock sharp. Alec had returned late last night and I had made sure I was tucked into bed in the second bedroom at the time. No need to tempt him.

I lay in bed and decided to forget about the 'incident' in the elevator. It never happened, a lapse in judgment, a terrible mistake on my part. 

Kyle, please forgive me, I prayed.

I let a tear run down my cheek as I got up out of the bed. I was no use like this. Wallowing around, I needed to be active, to trust that everything will be okay. I had to plan.

I walked in the spacious kitchen and peered into the stainless steel refrigerator.  Scents flooded into my nose; meats and fruits, breads and pasta.

I stopped my scanning as one smell dominated the others. My eyes flew to the source.

Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

A moan spilled from my lips. I could imagine my mother’s scolding look and her stern voice saying “Rosaline Thomas, how many times have I told you? Ice cream for breakfast is unacceptable.”