Chapter 5

Hey peoples! So I have big news, but I am gonna wait to tell you till after the story. So...... lets do this thang.

Pic of parents room on the side  : )

About the song...... I know that it isn't the best song for this chapter, but some things relate I guess. And I love this song so deal with it.

And I opened my lids and stared into large, concerned-filled grey eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped in wonder as I saw the familiar curve of his jaw and tousled brown hair. He sighed and moved his face closer to mine.

"Rosie"

I was too caught up with seeing him to even scowl at the use of the nickname. If he stayed with me he could call me whatever he wanted.

I slowly brought one hand up to touch his face, but his figure seemed to fade away in front of my very eyes. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, trying to make sure I was seeing correctly. My heart seemed to skip a beat as I stared at the space in the air where his figure was. 

He was gone.

Maybe he was never even there.

I felt a cool drop of liquid run down my check. 

But I was not sad.

I felt a curious sense of emptiness. I slowly brought my hand up and snagged the tear running down my face with my finger. The tear shone in the light. Sparkled like a diamond. I should be sad. I should cry more of these sparkly tears. Why aren't I sad? I asked my wolf. She didn't answer. She rarely ever did anymore. 

I wiped the tear on my shirt and sat up in the bed. Surveying the room, I saw that I was in my mother and father's room. How did I get here? Thinking back, I realized I couldn't remember anything past me walking into school. Hmm

I swung my legs out from under the lush comforter and walked over to the door. My parent’s room had a light blue color. Any other time the room would calm me, but right now I was too anxious and tired. Maybe even crazy.

I opened the door and walked down the stairs. 

As I walked into the bright kitchen all conversation stopped.  Both my mother and father turned to look at me.  Liam was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging I went to sit down at the table. 

Okay, I slumped at the table.

"I am going for a run" I declared. What. What? I did not mean to say that. Stupid wolf, I said to myself. I could feel the pride coming from my wolf.  Ugh

My mother gave me a very disapproving look. "Honey, are you sure you want to? You seem a little pale."

"I am fine, mom" I snapped and I saw here wince slightly. "Uh, I feel okay, mom." I said, trying to lighten the mood. 

I looked up to my father's face. His features where rugged and his black hair was flecked with grey.

"Please" I said in a small voice. I was always daddy's little girl. As a child, one little puppy dog face and it was all the ice cream I could ever want.

With a sigh he told me to go and I walked out the door. 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was in the back yard, I started to strip off my clothes. I shivered as the cold air hit my naked skin. 

I took a deep breath. I was going to do it. 

Help me please, I begged my wolf.

I took another breath. 

And another.

Then the change hit me.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I felt my bones popping out, then sliding back place. As my fur ran all over my body.

When I had first changed when I was 16, it had hurt horribly. I felt every one of my bones break in half and fire seemed to be poured into my veins. I passed out about half way through.  Thank God that feeling doesn’t last.

I opened my eyes and looked at the new world. As a wolf the world seemed more alive, everything was so clear from the leaf blowing in the wind trying to hang onto the branch, to the little Robin that was singing a bright, perky tune. 

I stretched out each leg one by one; it felt wonderful, but not right. I should feel complete; a wolf is our natural form after all. Shifting is the best part of a werewolf's life. Just having a time to stop pretending, pretending to not be different.

When I was a wolf I was free. 

I started to run into the forest. The wind blew through my fur and I ran under the canopy of green leaves, but now the feeling was gone. The sheer pleasure of just being wolf was gone.  I'm trapped in world of grey and black where there is no happiness, save for the precious memories that I still have of a happier time.

A time where I still knew how to love.

Author's Note

Sorry it is soooo short, but It is really just a filler chapter. Oh, yes, the big news.

Ba bun ba Da Num (I think that right)

-Trumpet Sounds-

 Drum Roll please!

I have just figured out what I will do for the rest of the story. I HAVE A PLOT! 

I have to give a big thanks to Magda for helping me sort it out.  

Well, comment and vote please.

What do you think?