Zero to a hundred

"I don't know, it was really fucking weird and abrupt. It was like I fucking possessed or something!"

It was currently a Saturday afternoon. Baby was in Lolbit's room telling her about Friday.

"Dude, it really isn't that weird to wanna compliment the girl you like."

"Well, yeah, but I'm normally too damn awkward to do that. It went from zero to a hundred fast as fuck."

"Maybe that's just what you get for trying to suppress your feelings for months on end bro. You end up taking fucking leaps instead of baby steps."

"I've never seen that happen to other people."

"You must be a lucky fuck then."

The redhead groaned. "Sometimes I wish I was an emotionless robot. Maybe then dumb shit like this wouldn't happen to me. Like, what's gonna happen when I see her on Monday? Am I just gonna walk up to her and go 'Hey there, you got some nice ass legs.' because I'll literally fucking die if that slips out."

"Honestly, I kinda hope you say that to her."

"Lolbit!"

"What? I wish one of my friends would say something like that to me out of the fucking blue. It'd be hilarious."

When Baby only gave a dirty look in response, Lolbit continued.

"lesbihonest though. It's about time you danced the fucking dance."

Baby narrowed her eyes. "Did you just say LESBIhonest instead of LET'S BE honest?"

"Maybe..."

"I see what you're trying to do Foxx and it doesn't amuse me."

"Well, it amuses me."

"Of course it does."

"Just ask her out already!"

"No way, that's a terrible idea!"

"Shut the fuck up. It's a great idea."

"Yeah, let me go from being too awkward to make any moves at all, to being all flirty out of fucking nowhere, to asking her out. Brilliant. I mean, let's just ignore the possibility that she doesn't even like me like that, and that she's just being platonic."

"You're fucking ridiculous. Platonic? My ass is platonic."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Thanks, I know." Lolbit put her feet up on her desk. "Seriously though, you really oughta do it. It's not like some fucking Disney movie where you guys met fucking once and fell in actual love without even learning each other's names, she ran off, and then you found her again via shoe identification and fucking married her the same day. You've known each other for a while now and have been around each other almost every day since you've met."

"First off, thanks for the Cinderella plot synopsis. Second off, I'm not doing it."

"Why not? You scared or something?"

"Yes."

Lolbit choked a little bit. "Wait, actually? Holy shit. I think that's the first time you've ever admitted to me that you were scared. Holy motherfucking shit. What the fuck has you scared?"

"I dunno, I've felt anything like this before! I'd probably walk up to her and say something dumb as shit like 'Hey Ballora! How's your morning? I just wanted you to know that I have a big fucking lesbian crush on you! I think you're a really sweet and amazing person. And also, you're really fucking pretty, like, goddess level gorgeous! AND, I could totally grate cheese on your jawline holy shit!' she would probably slowly back away and get a restraining order."

Lolbit started to laugh. "Okay, honestly I don't think Nice Legs Legrand would mind hearing that from you. And not just because that was charming as fuck. Like, dude, she's clearly been flirting with your short ass. And on top of that, she takes nearly every given opportunity to be unnecessarily close to you. Whether it's holding your hand, or hugging you, or leaning against you, or falling asleep on you..."

"Wait, how did you know about that last one?!"

"Ennard told me."

"Figures."

It went quiet for a minute before Lolbit spoke again.

"Soooooo, are you gonna walk up to her goddess-like face and tell her that you like her?"

"No."

"God, you're fucking stubborn. If you don't ask her out by the end of the month, I'll do it for you bro."

"If you do that, you will literally lose a hand."

Lolbit smirked. "I'm willing to take the risk dude."

Baby groaned in defeat. She knew full well that Lolbit would actually do it. The girl had no boundaries.

"You gonna say it to her face?"

"Well-"

"Her goddess-like face?"

Baby gave Lolbit a dirty look. "Only if you stop saying that." Lolbit stuck out her hand. "Deal!"

Baby begrudgingly shook it.

"You have twenty-six days, Jones."

"I fucking hate you."

"Aw, I hate you too."