22 | Don't Freak Out

Start from the beginning

"I had to kill two of my own."

"Im sorry."

"I'm sorry about your friend."

FlashBack

"Oh my god..." I placed my hands on head, squatting down. I started to laugh a bit before standing up. "You made me think I was INSANE!" I kicked a bunch of dirt towards him, making him flinch.

"NO... I mean yea- well..." he sighs out of defeat not even trying to make up an excuse.

"You used my drug problem against... making me think I was insane to think he was alive!" I walk up to him so that there was an inch of space. "How could you?" I said through my gritted teeth, pounding my fists against his chest.

"Zoe!" I heard a familiar English accent. Moments later I felt arms around my waist pulling me backwards.

"No!" I cried, ripping his hands off my waist. "I trusted you!"

"Who's this?" Jack stands tall, fixing his eyes on Nathan.

I realize Nathan is here watching this go down. I know he'll ask questions on the way home. But that's another issue.

"NO, DONT DO THAT!" I scolded standing in front of Nathan. "Don't act like you care, don't do that!"

"Zoe..."he started but I shook my head.

"I hate you."

"What?" He asked shocked, taken a step back.

Anger is our natural defense against pain. So when I say I hate you, it's really made means 'you hurt me'.

"I hate you."

"I know, and I'm so sorry."

"Sorry is just a word ... You're gonna have to try a lot harder then that." Before he could get any last words in, I walked away.

Without turning back.

End Of FlashBack

"I need to go," I snapped back into reality. "I have to go see my gang."  After putting on my underwear I threw on his big grey hoodie.

"Wait let me drive you." He got out of bed and got dressed. Dark ripped jeans and a open blue flannel with no undershirt. I accepted as he grabbed his keys.

Soon enough I was in front of my apartment building. My palms started to sweat as I inched closer to my floor level. My heart started to race, the thought of seeing my gang, makes me nervous.

Who knows what will happen? Who knows if they'll speak to me?

"Breathe, Zoe," I told myself.

You know that saying 'expect the unexpected'. Well, I didn't take that saying seriously until now.

The doors opened, revealing an empty living room. I heard loud voices, some angry and some panicked. They immediately stopped speaking once the they heard the bell, belonging to the elevator.

Jordan walked out with his mouth opened.

"Zoe..." he finally spoke and looked into the kitchen.

That's when all the guys piled in, including Logan.

"Zoe, y-your here?" Alex nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Look, I'm sorry i didn't try to tell guys. I just didn't want to see you guys hurt. That's exactly what I did, hurt you guys."

"Zoe-

"No Logan, I know how it feels. I found out that Jack knew before me that Jayce was alive. I'm just tired of fighting with you guys."

After speaking I noticed their faces were pale. Like they had seen a ghost.

"Zoe..." I heard a familiar voice that made my blood boil.

"What are you doing here?" I spat.

What was Jack doing here? Why is he in my house? I told him I didn't want him any where near me!

I started to clench my fists tight, where they dug into my skin. I pierced my lips while my chest raised up and down slightly faster and faster.

"Zoe, listen to me... look at me." Jordan slowly made his way towards me. "We need to show you something."

Show me what?

I followed the guys including Jack. It looked like we were going into the interrogation room. We had that built in when The hustlers broke in here... it used to be a bedroom. It has a 2 way mirror so we could watch from the other side.

"Don't freak out." Nick said before opening the door.

"What is this?" I calmly ask, referring to the unconscious Jayce Calaway chained up in a metal chair, placed in the middle of the room.

It's funny, just when you think things can't get any worse, it suddenly does.