50. real life!

• • • • •

• • • • •

Josh was woken by the pounding knocks on his apartment door.

After divorcing Kat, he had moved to a different apartment in New York, one closer to Katarina and her family, who he was seeing more often.

"I'm coming! Hold on!" Josh called to the front door, grabbing his bathrobe and making his way from his bedroom to the foyer, which was next to the hallway. Opening the door, he was shocked to see an emotional Katarina.

"Did you hear the news?" She asked, her voice breaking. Josh shook his head, murmuring, "No, what happened?"

He brought her into his arms, bringing her inside, and asked, "Nobody died, right?"

Despite what had happened, Katarina chuckled and shook her head. "My phone had been blowing up all night, but it was on silent. I only saw all the texts and posts this morning," She explained, and Josh was still confused as he sat them down on his couch.

"What happened, sweetheart?" Josh asked, and Katarina burst into tears again.

"The Great Comet is closing!" She cried, and put her face on Josh's chest, and he numbly stroked her hair, and whispered, "It's what . . . ?"

"The production is shit, and there was some big outrage on twitter when it was announced Mandy was taking over . . . " Katarina hiccuped. "People thought we were racists for having a white man take the role again. But we're not racists, we're not! Look at all of us, all of the cast . . . !" He held her tightly as she cried, and soon, they were both crying.

"And after this was announced, they still plan on making us perform tonight!" Katarina started crying again, kicking off her shoes, and bringing her feet underneath her. "I don't . . . I can't . . . I don't know where we went wrong with this, sweetheart. I don't."

Josh hugged her tighter to him, and whispered in her ear, "We'll make things right. We can find a way to fix this."

°°°°°

that flying space rock of 1812 ☄️

sonya
I'M SO PISSED!

marya d
I know, just ... WHAT THE FUCK! Who do they think they are?! This could have easily been fixed!

anatole
Should we try and have an intervention with the producers and try to convince them not to end the show?

dolokhov
I don't know ... What do you guys think?

natasha
hold on, i know someone who can help us