49. entertainment weekly!

entertainment weekly!

JOSH GROBAN AND KATARINA HARRISON 2017 INTERVIEW!

After Josh Groban's leave of Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812, and Dave Malloy (the show's creator) and Okieriete Onaodowan (known for starring in Hamilton) took over the role at different times, needless to say, he's been busy.

After divorcing from his wife of one year, Kat Dennings, Groban had been seen on a date with Katarina Harrison, his former co-star, the other night. The young star had made her Broadway debut with Groban.

Interviewer: Hello again!

Josh: Hello, it's nice seeing you again!

Katarina: Hi!

I: Okay, so I wanted to get this one question right out of the way before we continued on: Are you two dating?

K: Am I saying it or are you?

[Josh and Katarina laugh]

K: Yes, we're officially dating. We'd told each other our feelings for each other not too long after Josh announced his divorce, which was when we started speaking again.

J: Yeah, that was a big thing in our relationship/friendship.

I: May I ask what that was? Or would you like to keep it silent?

J: Actually, before we came here, we decided to talk more about it. Last winter, I was still married to Kat, and I'd discovered that Katarina had feelings for me. I started an argument, which ended our friendship. So really, it was on me that we weren't on speaking terms until I left the show.

K: Kat and Gelsey Bell had actually invited me over for dinner, where Kat told Gelsey she was getting divorced, and I didn't know Josh was going to be there, but we ended up going out to the bar to hang out with Nick Choksi and Lucas Steele. It was the most we'd talked in months.

J: I was too afraid to admit my feelings for her until the divorce was finalized, but spur of the moment I did it, but we only ever texted.

K: Yeah, we never physically saw each other until a week ago, a few days after his divorce finalized.

I: Did you get together that night?

J: Actually, three days later is when I finally asked her. Because I kept getting nervous, and--

K: You know I would have said yes, though. I'd been in love with you for so freaking long. Before I even met Josh, I'd been a huge fan of his. I think it's quite cute when he gets all embarrassed when I sing some of his songs to him.

I: That's quite adorable. Now that we have moved past the big stuff, why don't we talk about some of the fun, small stuff?

I: So, what big plans do you have coming up, Josh? A new album, maybe?

J: Ooh, maybe, just maybe. I don't know just yet, because I'm doing some small stuff before I move onto the big stuff, like perhaps a new album, which would come with a tour, of course.

I: Nice, nice. Another tour would be great, especially since you could add in a few Great Comet songs!

I: And you, Katarina. What do you have planned?

K: Oh, I'm not sure yet. With Mandy Patinkin coming to play Pierre soon, and the idea of a National tour, I'm just going to stay with the Great Comet until I just can't handle anymore.

[Katarina laughs]

I: For those of you who haven't seen Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812, go see it now at the Imperial Theatre! Thank you both for letting me conduct this interview.

Josh & Katarina: Thank you for inviting us!