"I really hope that the Salvatores are sired by Niklaus. At least that would mean that they won't try to kill him."

The brothers were reckless, Elijah knew that. They wouldn't stop their revenge towards Klaus, even if it meant that Elena's sister would go down with him. Elijah couldn't have that. He would protect his family and Grace with his life, but right now, he couldn't make sure that his brother was safe.

Grace lifted her head and looked at him worriedly.

"Yeah, which would mean that you're open for the hunt. I bet you have enough enemies that would love to drive a stake through your heart."

Sighing, he cupped her cheek with his hand. She was so beautiful. He had to admit that he took a liking into her that exposed and vulnerable in front of him. She trusted him, she showed that by letting go of any shyness towards him.

"I know I didn't sire them, Grace. I made it my duty to know which vampires I sired."

"Well, let's hope that the Salvatores won't find that out soon."

She stole another short kiss before she stood up and got out of the water. He waited until she was wrapped in her bathrobe before he followed her.

Grace was about to boil some water for tea when her phone started ringing. She expected it to be Klaus, filling her up on new developments in Mystic Falls, but when she saw it wasn't him, but another person she was very close to, she was surprised.

"Jer?"

Immediately she was worried. He hadn't called since Damon compelled him to leave. Maybe it was because of the part to not look back to his old life in Mystic Falls.

"Yo, stranger, how are you doin'?"

Letting out a relieved sigh, she glanced over her shoulder to Elijah, who nodded when he saw that she was ok. Gently, he pushed her away to take over making tea.

"Um, I'm fine. How are the art classes going?"

Slowly, a smile spread on her face. She then realized how much she missed her little brother. But Denver or Mystic Falls, compelled or not, it probably would always be like that from now on if Grace wanted to protect him. The youngest Gilbert was an easy, wanted target, as he was a loved one of the doppelgänger and also very close to someone that meant a lot to the Mikaelsons. Living with them had a certain degree of danger, but it could take even wider circles when the families' enemies would find out about the newest addition to the inner circle.

"They're pretty good. Did a lot of progress here. The people here are cool...Are you at home?"

At least he seemed happy. Of course it wasn't ok to take his free will from him, but there was nothing Grace could do about it, so she could grant him that little amount of peace. A proper life for a teenager.

"No, I'm somewhere near Richmond...with Elijah."

Grace hadn't told him yet that she was together with the now oldest Mikaelson brother. She was a little shocked when she heard her little brother chuckle.

"Early honeymoon? Would've chosen a different place for vacation."

Her eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"How...How do you know?"

Jeremy's chuckle turned into laughter and Grace couldn't help but loosen up a bit. His reaction was way more humorous than Elena's.

"Gracie, please, I knew even before you became a vampire. Remember you told me Bonnie and I were obvious? You two were, too."

Her shoulders sunk down in relief and she released her held in breath. He took it easy. It made her wonder even more why Elena simply couldn't accept it. That the sisters split in argument and that she had moved out of their home was another thing she should Jeremy.