VII

"What are you doing this Friday? ," Lucy asked.

"Nothing why?"I asked her.
"Oh cause me and my brother are going campaigning with Hunter will you come ?" She asked.
I chuckled nervously

"I don't think I can I mean I don't like campaign," I said.
She made an 'o' face.
"Oh then  I'll ask someone else," she said and I nodded.
I wanted to go, but if she has her brother let alone Hunter with her, I prefer staying home. I walk out of the uni only to be met by him.

"Lia !"I look back to see Sam
"Hi "I greeted.
"More of a bye, see you tomorrow? " he asked or stated.
"Ya " I said and waved goodbye before going towards his car.

Why does everyone have a car here?

He looks at me and stood straight walking to me. I never spared him another glance but just walked away.

Not because I was angry or sad, but because I couldn't handle the tingles every time I looked at him . Because I am scared of him.Because I get nervous. Walking home was difficult, especially when he was following me like a stalker.I ignored it and got in my apartment. Closing the windows and locking the room and started studying The notification on my phone made me me distracted.

"Why were you talking to that guy ?"
Huh?
Who is this? I was going to type back but instead, I stopped myself. I shouldn't. God knows what are the intentions of this man . What do mean by talking to that guy? I decided to ignore it.

I shouldn't block it. Cause if I get suspicious I'll report to police.

I looked at the clock to see it was 7 in the evening. I make my way in the kitchen and open the cabinet.
"Shit "I mutter realising I barely had anything in my kitchen.

I had enough money to buy some bread but not enough money to get vegetables.
"I should ask my boss for some in advance "

Well, guess its just bread and jam . Wearing a full-sleeved top with jeans I walk out my apartment to one of the nearby stores In time I felt being followed. But I ignored the feeling .
I guess ignoring it was a terrible idea since I was tightly grabbed by my elbow and slammed on the wall behind me .
I whimper in pain and struggle as my heart sinks. Panicked and scared I gasp out trying to scream before my eyes settle on him. 

"Why did you ignore me ?" He asked.
"A-Asher " my eyes went wide.

Ignore him ?

The distance between us made it hard for me to speak up.
"L-Let go "I stated.
But his jaw clenched and he pushed himself into me . My cheeks went hot and my lower body clenched. I look up to see half his face covered in dark.

The street light fell on his right cheek from his forehead lining on his nose whereas his other half was black. But his eyes still managed to glow. How is that even possible?

"What do want "I asked.
"Answer my question Lia , why did you ignore me ?" He grits out.
I look down and my eyes lift up to see the empty streets.
That's when I realized it was him who texted me .

And hand grabbed my jaw as he forced me to look at him.
"Answer. Me " he demanded.

"I-I don't know "
I honestly don't know Asher. Why do you make me feel this way ? Why did I expect you to save me from my past .
Why did I? I struggle to break free but he holds me tight
"Why Lia? Because I left you ? Huh !?? ...not everyone's life a fairy tale , sometimes you just have to live for the sake of others " he said clenching his jaw .

I swat his hand away from my jaw .

"You're right, not everyone's life a fairytale. ...people live for their loved ones, but I live for myself "I stated.

I pushed him away and started to walk. Within five steps he brought me back to caging me between his arms . I saw the anger radiating from him and I gulped
"Don't dare walk away from me " he spoke sternly.
"Why? "I asked.

He cupped my cheek hard with his four fingers behind my ear and his thumb on my cheek .
"Because there are things I want to say , things I want you to know ...things I want to know ...because. ."
"Because what Asher ?"I yelled, agitated

"Because you're fucking MINE !!"

I flinched as he punched the wall right beside my head . Tears swelled up in my eyes and my heart started beating fast .

"I am not yours,I don't belong to you, I am not a toy "I whispered hanging my head low.

But he harshly grabbed my face and brought my eyes to meet his. But they weren't glowing. Cause they weren't silver.

They were pitch-black

How could it be possible ..? Maybe the lack of lights on street got me . Maybe my mind was too jumbled up . I stared at him ..in his eyes, black eyes.
"How can you say that ?"I spoke with a low voice.
He seemed furious
"How can you claim me to be yours? You were a friend, a special friend ...who promised to come back ..but you didn't. .. it's fine,I understand the difficulties one has in their life ...but ...how can you say I am yours when , ..when ...when you barely like me "I stated .
His body started shaking with anger .

He held my arms tight, I wince out loud yet, he didn't let go. 
"I like you,I know you, I fancy you Lia, isn't that enough! ?? Even if it isn't. YOU are not going to ignore it,cause you are mine, I claim you as mine ..nobody can touch you .."

"Asher stop "I wispered
"Nobody can see you the way I do ! " he shouts.
"Stop !!"I spoke back .

"I am not a property YOU can claim, we barely know each other .that bond of friendship is now merely a ...word ..."
I jumped as he punched the wall again.
"Friendship !?? FRIENDSHIP !?? Did you seriously take ...that ..what we had back then ...as friendship !??"

What is he saying !?? Why was he like this ? His voice was so harsh ....so sharp . It made my mind fear him . He was not the Asher I knew . He wasn't the boy who smiled and timidly blushed. He was something else

"A-Asher "I tried to stop him.
"You like Me LIA !! admit it "
"Asher stop ..it was .."
"STOP !??I like you, you were mine, you are mine ..now .. I can give you anything you want ..just not the one boy who you knew back then "

"Cause I changed ...for you " he stated
I didn't want you to change Asher.
I want him back ...I want that boy back

Tears streamed down my face. I fisted my hands on my chest afraid of what he turned into.
Sacred ... I was scared of my best friend.

I was brought into a hard chest and my body tensed up.
Hands wrapped around my back.

"That boy is long gone Lia, I am a different person but I can protect you, I fell for you a long time ago and I am ready to die for you," he said whispering in my ears.

#Chapter not completely Edited. 

#Full version of the book is published on dreame if you wish to check it out.