III

[2 months later ]

"Uh ..Lia !!" I turned around as I heard my name being called.
"Lucy " I waved. She smiled and walked near me.
"How was class ?" She asked as we made our way out.

"Good," I said.
Lucy was the first person to talk to me when I entered the university. I was glad that I met her.

She was shy but filled with humor. I saw as the black car pulls up by the gate for her
"I'll drop you home," she said, taking my hand.
I shook my head but I ended up in her car either way, just like Kelly.

She won't listen. She sighs.

"What's wrong? " I asked.
"My brother got into a fight with the seniors ...but ..of course, they got suspended," she said.
Her dad can make anything happen. Lucy's family was rich. Rich was in the sense that she had her own guard following her and her brother.

I envy her. She gets to live the life of a princess. Of course, every girl lives the life of a princess when she has her mom and dad giving her gifts and protecting her.

Loving her.

But for me ... I wasn't even compared to her servant. Here she lived in a mansion-like house. And here I lived in a small apartment. I thought she would be a spoiled brat because of her status.

But ...she is a very nice person.

I got out of her car and thanked her and the driver. He nodded. She waved bye and drove off. I look down embarrassed. She is so rich and her status is above the level of normal students. I feel nothing but embarrassed when she drops me here in such an area where people like me, who have poor lives.

I hope she doesn't judge me on it. I work as a cashier in a nearby supermarket.
I feel so down when the students or my classmates come and see me. All of them have a stable lifestyle. But I feel ashamed of myself

The only reason I got into the university was that I received a scholarship and I had to pull some strings with the department to give me admission.

Cutting the vegetables, I put them in the pan and covered them. Smashing the potatoes I added some herbs that I managed to grow on my balcony and put the tray in the oven. I love cooking. I love the sound of it, cutting and adding spices. It was my hobby.

Mom never cooked.
So I grew up liking the thought of cooking since it was the only time I got my space.
After dinner, I washed my clothes and utensils before going to sleep.

Walking out of class I opened my locker and put my math book in grabbing my notes. I was about to close my locker when I was pushed against it and my head hit the corner. I groan and look behind to see a boy.
He raised his hand muttering sorry three times before running off and some guys ran after him.

Assholes.

My forehead started to hurt but I ignored it and closed my locker door

"Lia " I smiled at Lucy.
"Will you come with me to the football ground ?" She asked.
"Why ?" I asked back.
"I want to talk to someone and I don't think I can trust my friends that easily. " I raised an eyebrow.

"You think you can trust me ?" I asked.
"Ya ..you are very nice to me ." She shrugged and said, "My heart melted.".
At least someone likes me here. I nodded and walked out with her.
"Let's sit over there," she said, pointing at the stairs. I saw some boys playing football and one of them was the guy who bumped into me.

He noticed me and walked towards us. I gulped and concentrated on what Lucy was saying.
"So ..um ..there is this guy I like ...but my Dad is way too protective over me. But he really is -" she kept talking, but my head was hurting too bad for me to concentrate.

"Hey " a voice snapped me out. We both looked up to see the same boy. He sat down below one stair and smiled.
"I am extremely sorry, are you hurt?" He asked to extend his hand to touch me but I flinched and moved back a bit.
I saw his eyes form a confused look.

"What did you do Sam ?" Lucy asked him.
So his name is Sam.

"I accidentally pushed her while others were chasing me," he explained.
"Are you ok ?" Lucy asked.
"I am fine," I said.
She muttered a-ok.

That's when I felt a way of shivering run through my head to my toes and I shuddered.
My gaze stayed on the ground and I felt uneasy.
"Hey ...are you alright? " Sam asked.
My eyes lifted up to meet his and I nodded. I lifted my eyes to look ahead and I gasped. I felt someone looking at me. I saw someone looking at me.

I felt nervous and goosebumps rose on my skin as soon as I saw that person standing a few meters away from me gazing at me.