Chapter Seven // Work Of Art

Work Of Art - Demi Lovato

I smile to myself, looking around the room and making sure Ponyboy was still asleep. We had fallen asleep on the couch last night watching some old movie on the tv.

Slowly, I wiggle out of his arms and tip toe over to my bag that I set on the table. I grab it and slowly unzip it, pulling out all my supplies and set them on the table.

Glancing out the window, I see the sun just starting to rise. A small smile makes its way onto my lips as I open my sketch book to a clean page, setting on the counter.

It was early in the morning, the best time to draw since it was silent and peaceful. Pursing my lips, I grab my pencil and glance at the sunrise for a minute before starting to sketch and shade.

I start humming softly to myself, kind of murmuring the lyrics under my breath. My eyes dart back and forth from the sunrise to the page, carefully drawing each piece, almost praying for perfection.

Slowly, the piece comes together, looking almost identical to the actual sunrise, minus the color. Looking around, I quietly dump my coloring pencils beside me on the counter and start lightly coloring.

Soon, I finished the drawing and felt kind of proud with it. If course, I know I could do better with it but I was just being lazy with it.

I hear the sound of shifting and a yawn, turning my head to see Ponyboy sitting up on the couch

I hear the sound of shifting and a yawn, turning my head to see Ponyboy sitting up on the couch. He looks around the room for a minute, his eyes kind of wide.

His eyes finally land on me and I can see the relief in his eyes as he sighs in relief. Ponyboy stands up and stretches, his shirt coming up slightly, causing me to stare.

My cheeks heat up and I bite my lip, turning my eyes back to my drawing and pretend to finish it. There was no way he would let go of the fact I was staring.

His footsteps quietly tap on the floor, coming over to me. I take a deep breath and glance out the window before looking in front of me.

A gasp escapes my lips as he stands maybe three inches away from me, his eyes looking at the drawing I finished. My face got even more warm at the close distance and my eyes get wide.

He glances up at me and smiles widely. I can't help but smile myself, closing my sketch book and setting it next to me.

"Man Johnny... You sure can draw good," Ponyboy compliments. "I can't wait for you to teach me."

"Yeah, me either. With some practice, you will be able to draw real good, maybe even better than me," I tell him.

"There is no way in New York City that I can ever be a better drawer than you. You are the best artist I know and that is saying something because I have seen tons of people draw," Ponyboy says. "They don't have half of the skills that you have."

"You really mean all the Ponyboy," I ask softly. "You really mean I'm that good?"

"Of course I do, with all my heart. I mean every single word of it," Ponyboy says happily. "Don't ever doubt it."

"Alright Ponyboy...," I say softly. "Now, are you ready to draw something?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," he says smiling. "What do I get to draw first?"

"Hm... Something small of course, since your only a beginner. I promise I won't pick anything to hard," I tease. "So you think of you wrote a note, we could go outside and I can find you something to draw? I know there is tons of good stuff to draw in the park."

"Of course, one minute Johnny," Ponyboy says moving away from me.

I see him walk over to the table and grab a notebook. He quickly scribbles something down and calls it good, walking back over.

"Its gonna be cold out, do you have something to wear," he asks. "I have something you can borrow if you don't."

"I believe I need something," I murmur shyly.

Truth was, I had a small jacket jammed into my backpack. I just really wanted to wear something of his...

He gives me a smile and walks off to his room, coming back after a few minutes with an oversized hoodie. I take it from him and slip it on, smiling to myself.

He smiles even more, looking at me and then chuckles. My face hears up slightly, the tips of my ears going red.

"All right," Ponyboy says quietly since everyone was asleep. "Let's go draw."

I nod and carefully hop off the counter, grabbing my supplies and holding them close. My pencils and stuff were in the pockets of my hoodie and my sketch book was being held tightly in one hand.

After only a moment, I felt his hand grab one of mine and my mind started to race. I love when he holds my hand and let's me borrow his sweatshirts.

It made me feel like I was important to him, like I was his... Who knows, maybe in his mind, I am his.

He pulls me out the door, an adorable, goofy grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile just as wide and giggle to myself.

This boy, whether he knew it or not, was going to be the death of me. He's such s wonderful person and I hope he knows that.

Slowly, we reach the park, not once breaking the comfortable silence we have. I sit down on an open bench and look around me, looking for something easy for him to draw.

Bingo! That should be easy enough!

"Hey Ponyboy, you see those flowers right there," I ask him, seating my sketch book down and pointing to them. "They should be pretty easy."

He nods and his hand leaves mine, instantly making my hand go cold. I hand him a pencil and take out one for myself.

Time to start working with a work of art... An already perfect piece that is in need of no corrections...

×  ×  ×  ×  ×

How was this?

I'm sorry it took forever to update but I hope it was worth the wait.

This chapter is dedicated to: greaserbabes who wanted me to update this.

I love you fam ❤