| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 9 |

Start from the beginning

In what seemed like no time at all we were just outside of my packs land breaking through the tree line at the border. I trotted to a stop and Zev followed suit. Darren had been telling the truth, four enforcer wolves along with Alpha Drake, his beta and Darren were waiting for us. Darren looked just like his father but got his lovely pigment from his mother. He walked towards us with a bundle in his arms. I realized they were clothes when he set them down in front of us.

"My father wishes to speak with you before allowing you on to pack land." He said once he'd straightened up, referring mostly to Zev who nodded his immense head in acknowledgment. Darren gave a short nod of his own before returning to his spot on his father's left side. Zev grabbed the clothing gently in his mouth before turning, effectively blocking me from view and dropping the clothes at my feet. I knew exactly what he wanted without even having to ask. His possessiveness was oddly reassuring in this situation.

I shifted and went to grab the clothes that were obviously meant for me as they were my own and quickly donned them. Only when Zev was completely sure that I was finished did he shift. Before he could move to do so I reached for the sweats at our feet and handed them to him. Taking them gently he leaned down to kiss my forehead affectionately before pulling them on. Since Zev was so large they hardly fit, but that was to be expected since he was bigger than even my Alpha in size.

When he was finished he pulled me into his side and turned to face my waiting Alpha. Alpha Drake's eyes quickly landed on me and some of the worries seemed to disappear from them.

"Kaleb," he called, some authority leaking into his voice. "We've been worried about you. When I called for a meeting and you hadn't shown the pack immediately went on high alert, especially with the rogues hanging around our borders. " his brows furrowed as his tone took on that of a scolding father. "I understand how distracting meeting your mate can be, but that was a truly reckless pup," he growled out the last bit.

My wolf immediately submitted to the dominant wolf but refused to show his belly, only wanting to do that for Zev. This pleased my mate immensely as he pulled me closer into his side.

"I'm sorry Alpha," I apologized timidly. "It wasn't my intention to make you worry."

Alpha Drake sighed his face and tone softening. "I understand pup, however, you are an omega and our wolves are naturally overprotective of you. I must admit though, I wasn't expecting you of all people to go against a direct order especially knowing the consequences-"

Zev growled cutting my Alpha off. The enforcer wolves growled in response shifting their weight from foot to foot. I knew in the back of my mind that the seven of them together couldn't take Zev even if they tried. Alpha Drake finally turned his attention to my mate.

"I am Alpha Drake," he introduced himself calmly. "You are?"

"Zev." Was my mates clipped response.

"What are your intentions with our Kaleb?" Alpha Darke asked getting straight to the point. Zev glared his voice hard as he replied.

"My plans for my mate do not include this pack." Alpha Drake frowned.

"You plan to keep him from his pack? His family?" The large wolf accused.

"Never said he wouldn't visit" my equally dominant tiger shifter responded, a hard edge lacing his tone. Silence filled the air as the two powerful shifters stared each other down. The sound was broken by a high pitched squeal.

All of our heads turned toward the source of the high pitched sound. Luna Eden looked like an ebony goddess as the Sun's light bounced off her dark skin casting a golden glaze upon it. Her brown eyes were alight with mischief as always. She took quick purposeful steps in our direction, bypassing the males in her way to get to me, completely ignoring the giant male that dwarfed us both and had me glued to his side.

I was a little surprised Zev had allowed her this close, but I realized he simply didn't see her as a threat. I smiled warmly at my Luna.

"Oh Kaleb, look at you! You're glowing!" She exclaimed happily. I flushed unable to help it. "Your mother would be so proud, pup." She said as her eyes watered. I stepped away from Zev who reluctantly let me go and into the embrace of my Luna's.

"Thank you," I whispered past the lump in my throat as she rests her head atop mine.

Pulling away I wiped at my tears as she did hers with a giggle allowing me to settle back into my mate's side as his arm slid back around my waist. She finally turned her attention to Zev shoving her hand towards him.

"Luna Eden, darlin'," she greeted exuberantly. Zev looked towards her mate before taking her hand gently.

"Zev, ma'am," he responded respectfully. Luna smiled before wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"You made sure to thank the goddess for this one, yeah?" I turned crimson.

"L-Luna!" I whined embarrassed I could have sworn I heard Zev chuckle as Darren outright guffawed.

"What, it's a perfectly valid question." She shrugged before continuing. "Now, when was your last heat? When do you plan on giving me grand pups or cubs?" She added quickly glancing at Zev. "No, seriously how far off do you think your heat is-"

"Luna! P-please can we talk about this later?" I practically begged only to be completely ignored as my mate answered for me.

"Don't worry, I plan on having Kaleb caring my cubs very soon," I could almost hear the smirk in his deep voice but that only caused me to blush deeper. Seeming satisfied Luna then whirled around planting her hands on her supple hips, glaring at her mate.

"Why haven't you invited them inside yet Drake?" She asked testily. Alpha Drake just sighed.

"I was about to do that before you interrupted dove,"

"Oh," she said before moving to his side where he pulled her into him with one massive arm. " I knew you had some home training," she said teasingly with a beaming smile. Alpha Drake just kissed her forehead indulgently before turning back to us.

"We'll finish our discussion in the packed house," he said.

Zev nodded. Our welcoming party turned, leading us to the packed house with me and Zev close behind.

| AUTHOR'S NOTE

I finally got this chapter back up. I honestly don't know how it got deleted in the first place but oh well, it's back now. On a brighter note, we can now move along with the storyline. I'm so so excited!

Thoughts on the story so far?

-J.T.