Chapter Eight: Albus's Amour

Content Warning: Mentions of Self-Harm, Homophobia and Derogatory Terms

Albus kept his strikingly green eyes shut. He kissed Scorpius long and slow, savouring the moment and the feel of his soft skin against his ravening lips, determined to keep this moment and this sentiment instilled in the back of his mind and in the gushing centre of his heart forevermore. Scorpius' silk lips tasted like rich peppermint. It was everything Albus never knew he needed. Each second, each exhilarating second, all he yearned for was more. He needed more of Scorpius. He needed to relish, memorize and feel every inch of Scorpius Malfoy. Even though this was their first kiss, he would do anything to make sure it wasn't their last. He wanted Scorpius more than anything.

Albus combed his long fingers through the sleek blonde vines of Scorpius' deliciously apple-scented hair as he continued pressing his warm lips with Scorpius'. Scorpius' broiling breath was a sugary aroma of tantalizing mint that Albus found himself thirsting for in each arising second. Scorpius murmured something inaudible and placed his hands on Albus' cheeks, holding him tight, and then stretched his slithering arms around the middle of Albus' spine like a fastened buckle, refusing to let go. It felt...right. In that moment, every blurred memory he shared with Scorpius was suddenly becoming clearer. It all made sense. He felt good. Happy. Free.

Scorpius broke apart from Albus, beaming. "Okay. Hello. Um. Have we kissed before?" he crooned, his breath hot on Albus' toffee cheeks, which was blazing, and dark burgundy as ever. "Do we kiss?"

Albus' warm face stretched into a fierce grin of desire, leaning towards Scorpius, dying to absorb those lips again. "We can if you want to," he softly whispered.

"I want to," Scorpius consented, leaning forward a little too excitedly.

BAM!

Their foreheads bumped into each other; both boys jerked back at once, equally startled. Albus, however, appeared far more entertained by this dilemma than Scorpius for he roared with delight as he grasped onto his face; he was laughing so hard that tears began spilling out of his enriching eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Scorpius squeaked, although he couldn't help but scuffle out a nervous chuckle, patting his forehead. Only I could mess things up. Scorpius shook his head to himself. What an idiot. I killed the moment, didn't I? Scorpius gathered Albus' muscular arms and hurled him towards his pounding chest; their curved silhouettes dawning onto each other like smoke trickling in the slumbering sky. There was a generous gust of light puffing from the flickering lamp on the stained sill, enough for both boys to gleam into each other's galvanised faces. Scorpius glanced up at him, rubbing his injured forehead for him. Albus giggled and took his thumb and caressed Scorpius' forehead as well. Why was he laughing? Scorpius wondered. Didn't I ruin everything? Scorpius didn't mean to knock him with his own head, for goodness sake. He just wanted to snog him the way Albus was kissing him. He wanted it to be perfect—not like this; flawed and awkward. He bowed his face down embarrassingly, his shoulders dropping. "I-I guess I'm not very good at this, am I?" he stammered.

Albus grinned at him, pressing his fingers on Scorpius' tense face gently moving his sharp chin up so he would look at him. "A little too enthusiastic, I'd say," he simpered with a frolicsome wink. "I like it."

Albus slowly drew forward and printed a kiss on Scorpius' neck, breathing hard. He could hear the irregular thumping of Scorpius' heart each time Albus pressed his lips on his pale collarbone. Scorpius closed his eyes at Albus' kisses of affection that were planted on his skin like seeds of bliss and security. He held Albus' bent head in his pale hands, his fingers pushing into the dark ropes of Albus' thick hair. Scorpius couldn't muster out any air. Albus' lips on his neck was his weakness. Breathing was a difficult task, but in the best way possible. Scorpius wiggled his body towards Albus, desiring the fuelling flavour of his cinnamon lips. Scorpius took a gallant step forward, nearly tripping over his own cloak. These ruddy robes keep getting in the way. Scorpius reflected and tore off his soaring Slytherin robes dropping them to the carpet floor and was left with his fine black dress pants and long-sleeved ivory shirt. His green and silver Slytherin tie flung around at each step as he continued circling Albus; enticement hanging over the atmosphere. Albus beamed at his attractive friend and copied his movements. He too, ripped off his dusky robes, and heaved closer to Scorpius, who was greeted by the comforting wind of cologne that stained Albus' jade tie. Scorpius blinked, engulfing Albus' compelling scent. Albus brought his arms to Scorpius' neck, and within seconds, Scorpius stumbled back at once, appearing completely frightened.