Chapter 6: Home Alone... Ironic

Start from the beginning

"Is your friend's name Shane?" I asked, smirking.

"How'd you-"

"Via's my cousin and Shane and I are a little close. That's a mere coincidence." I grinned.

"Yeah. So do you have a dress and mask planned out?" Brandon asked as he held his backpack tight around his shoulder and jammed his hands in his pockets, leaning against his car casually.

"Actually, I went to mom's store yesterday for the dress and bought a pair of shoes. But for the mask, it slipped my mind."

"How could you forget about the mask when you're going on a masquerade party?" he chuckled.

"I know. I was just excited how Via's turning eighteen. But you know, I hate dresses and heels. It was Via's big day and of course I didn't wanna be left out so I just decided to t least try to be a little bit girly." I admitted, leaning against my car too.

"If that's how special your cousins and family are to you, then you're a great person. I really admire your kind and loving heart. You're so soft, like a giant teddy bear." he grinned at the last part teasingly.

"Shut up. I'm nobody's teddy bear." I slapped his arm making him chuckle, showing his dimples. I poked his dimples and giggled.

"What?" he asked.

"Your dimple." I shrugged, he rolled hiz eyes.

"You're so childish." he remarked. I stuck my tongue at him making him go, "See?", as he pointed at me.

"You're also childish. You were pointing at me saying "see" as if your sister painted your hair blue and finally got a proof." I grinned.

"Yeah, yeah. I guess we're both childish, then."

"Yeah, I guess we are",we both laughed and after that, there was little silence before Brandon broke the ice,

"Hey Mony," he started.

"Mhmm?" I looked at him.

"Do you wanna go with me to the party? Like, me and you together?" he asked hopefully.

"Of course. Why not?" I smiled reassuringly, he sighed in relief.

"You got a tux planned on?" I asked.

"Nope, not yet."

I grinned mischieviously, "Great. We'll stop by mom's store later, get your measurements and pick out our masks."

"That sounds like a plan. Let's go to our lockers, the bell's gonna ring soon." I nodded in agreement.

He grabbed my hand gently as we walked, catching me off-guard. But I relaxed at his warm touch. I invouluntarily glanced at the populars' direction. There it was, my old middle school friend, hanging with his "crowd." At least Josh is happy there. I looked away and continued walking.

It's going to be a long day...

~*-+==+-**D!SM!SSAL*-+==+*~

"Mony, are you sure your mom won't mind?" Brandon asked for the hundredth time.

I sighed in annoyance, "Yes. Now shut up before I cut your baby maker and shove it in your throat."

"Whoa, you're foul mouthed when you're annoyed." 

"Yeah. I also know how to fight and I'm almost at a very high position. I can't control it when I feel like I wanna punch something to let my steam out." I said making him gulp.

"Okay. Where are we going again?" he asked to ease the tension.

We're at the parking lot, each of us drinking soda while leaning against our cars, just talking.