2) Of sharing and caring

Start from the beginning

Vera peeked in the office, finding Matt leaning onto a desk (Karen's probably?) casually, small smile on his face. She stood there for few more seconds, before she took careful steps, finding herself in the forbidden space. She couldn't help herself – she looked around - plain room, table and a printer, cabinet with files, door and windows to another rooms covered in slats. Vera knew Nelson and Murdock weren't exactly exclusive – well, like not expensive – but it surprised here how...ordinary and low-budget their base looked. And then, in the middle of the room, a single man, sticking out, yet belonging there in any way possible, who was giving the office more than just a hint of extraordinariness. He tilted his head as she stopped in her track, just watching. She wasn't even trying to be subtle about it anymore. She had every right to be curious. She discovered a small kitchen too – coffee pot full, giving the impression of not being used very often though.

"Uhm... hey," she said eventually, very intelligently of course, taking several more steps and offering him the holder – she was sure he would recognize his coffee. One of the corners of his lips rose higher as he took the cup, placing it next to him on the table.

Vera had no idea what to say. "Foggy was...talking to the coffee earlier, right?"

The other corner shot up as well. He reached for the holder in her hand, putting it down too. Vera was baffled, but let him – he extended his hand, touching hers lightly and then wrapping his fingers around her wrist firmly. He slightly pulled and she obediently crossed the last distance between them as his other hand traced the line of her jaw, stopping at her chin, guiding her to his lips. The kiss was hesitant, but sweet, tender. She smiled into it, all worries of crossing any lines fading away.

Matt leaned back just a little and she opened her eyes again, almost shocked when meeting his glasses instead of the warm brown colour of his irises. Shit. She wasn't used to that. "I hope so. No one gets to call you sweetheart but me. I'm not sharing. Not even with my law partner," he exclaimed, unspoken threat in his words.

"Uh-uh..." she hummed, unsure how to react. "Possessive."

He smiled smugly in response, arm around her waist pulling her closer, making her wedge her knee between his legs. Vera didn't mind. Neither the position, neither his possessiveness. More like the opposite. So she leaned into him and kissed him on her own as silent mine left his lips. His thumb drew small circles on her waist under her undone coat as his lips answered her eagerly, which made her smile even more. Then as if she snapped her fingers, he stopped, pecked her on her lips and let her go.

"So... what can I do for you? Give you a grand tour or...?" he asked, head cocked to his side, tone teasing.

She chuckled. "Oh, so this is how you usually greet your clients before you're giving them a tour, huh? Maybe I should be the one talking about sharing..." She handed him his cup again. "Also, drink. I think it's already cold anyway."

"Not each client. Only those who are guilty of falling asleep while having a half-naked me in their bed and are incredible cute and beautiful," he shot back, obediently sipping his no doubt cold coffee.

"So every other client then..." she mocked him again and he gasped, palm over his heart, pretending to be wounded. She sighed. "Anyway... I'm here to ask the most stupid question ever-"

His eyebrows shot up. "I doubt it. You once asked me if I ever want to sleep with you. I don't really think anything can outdo that." Vera felt her cheeks burning at his words. The memory was still quite fresh and it never got less awkward.

She cleared her throat. "You might be surprised. And just for the record, it's Terri's idea and I'm aware it's stupid and it's totally okay if you say no."