2) Of sharing and caring

Vera stood in front of the hardware store hesitating. Right above it, there was an office of Nelson and Murdock, attorneys at law, as the sign read. She stared at the sign, still unsure whether she should come in – she had never been there before. After her shift ended, she made tea for herself and coffee for Matt, determined to pay him a visit, ask about the double date thing and just... see him. She almost left the café, but changed her mind in the last moment, returning to make coffees for Foggy and Karen as well, because it felt rude to leave them out. On her way (using the GPS, because, dammit, she didn't even know where her boyfriend worked), she spun on her heels twice, always deciding it would be a waste of good coffee if she just walked back home, so she continued. The drinks were most likely cold by the time she arrived and started wavering over her actions again.

Maybe Matt had a reason to never show her his office (or his flat for that matter, but she did not want to think about that). Maybe it was something... private, their thing with Foggy and Karen. Or he simply didn't want Vera to be involved in every single part of his life, the office being his refuge from their relationship, that might became too intimate too quickly in several different ways. His very own space. She wouldn't want to intrude, she could respect that. On the other hand, it wasn't like he actually had any reason to show her so far, she was probably overthinking it.

Vera turned around with a huff, making her way back home. Or she wanted to.

"Vera?" a baffled female voice sounded behind her shoulder and she mentally cursed. Dammit, Karen! She turned back, attempting a smile. Karen was smiling, face surprised, but not unpleasantly. "Hi! What are you doing here?"

Vera opened her mouth just to close it again. She held out the holder with four cups instead of an answer. Karen's eyes went wide.

"Oh, you are a treasure. I think we all need some caffeine today, this was one of the worst Mondays we had like ever. It was exhausting..." she sighed, and Vera couldn't help feeling a little relieved. Apparently, whatever she was doing at the moment, it wasn't a complete faux-pas. She handed Karen her cup with an apologizing expression.

"Sorry. It's probably cold by now..."

"I don't mind," she reassured her, accepting the cup gratefully. Vera fought the urge to lower her gaze to the ground, as Karen eyes observed her curiously, reading her face easily. "Are you gonna go upstairs? It's not Forbidden Forest, you know."

Vera bit her lip, eyeing the sign again. She sighed. "You think Matt's got a minute? I mean, you said you were busy-"

"Trust me. He will appreciate some cheer up. I'm finally getting lunch and I think Foggy was heading out as well any minute, so... doors open widely. It's really nice of you to stop by and not forgetting about us poor people who have to put up with your cranky boyfriend..."

Alarm bells in Vera's head set off. Alright. Back pedal. Not the right time to ask him about Terri's stupid idea. Then again, he might refuse and Vera kinda wished he would. "Is he ...cranky?" she asked cautiously, suddenly aware that he might actually listen to them the whole time. And that he probably knew she was standing outside for what could be minutes. Great.

Karen laughed, eyes glimmering. "No. God no, Matt has a patience of a saint, seriously. Just go!" She shoved her lightly in the direction of the door and yelled bye over her shoulder. Vera huffed and came in, walking up the stairs. She reached the right office in no time, hesitating whether she should knock. She did.

Foggy greeted her with a bright smile, reaching out his hand as if he already knew about her gift. "Which one is mine?" he blurted the second he opened the door and examined the cups one after another. "Awww, there you are, sweetheart, come to daddy... Anyway, I'm heading out. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Bye!" he winked at Vera and squeezed past her to disappeared down the hall, leaving her standing in the door awkwardly.