One Day

Maybe one day, you will love me half as much as I you. Maybe you will see the twinkle in my eyes for the beauty they truly are and rid my mind of its woes and wars; maybe one day you will see past my flaws and appreciate the beauty I hold within. Maybe.

I know, I'm a broken record playing over and over; only a fragment of a star left behind in the wake of a universe far too complicated for one to understand; only a drop of water from the storms that people brave every day; only a speck of dust that you would otherwise brush off your shoulders like it was nothing; but I am human too, and I have my perfections just as much as my flaws. And maybe one day, you will see right through them, to my soul - that would be beaming in joy that you finally noticed. Maybe.

Maybe one day, you will stitch up my scars and heal my wounds; they all said that time will heal but none of it ever did and maybe you would be the one to fill my aching voids. My present cries at the thought of a future without you and my future cries at the memory of my past without your grace; I had you and I lost you but maybe one day you will come back to me, and realize I did love you truly. Maybe.

I know you don't feel the same way about me, but all I'm asking is for you to show me that you at least care about the flowers blooming at the back of my mind; that you at least value the roses that I keep picking for you even though their thorns prick me every darn time. I've been told I held the power to form stars and destroy planets but lately all I have been doing is destroying myself over the thought of you loving someone else. But maybe, one day you will love me as much as I you. Maybe.

Maybe one day, all the planets will align along with the sun to show you the way that leads to my heart; the gold of the sun reflecting through the blue of the oceans that have found home in my heart. Your arrival shall pluck these needles from the core of my heart - putting a halt to their intricate honeycomb designs on the inner linings of it, because you are the last piece to this puzzle even though it's not a jigsaw. Maybe one day, I will be blessed with your love. Maybe.

I know, but you don't. It takes all my strength to stay sane and mold a perfect smile to be put on these lips that only want to cry out loud because, loving you is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Yet I do it time and again, because I love you and I want you, and I want you to see that I try my best; I try to be there, I try everything I can and yet I can't help feeling completely unwanted - like a stranger knocking on death's door; but I try anyway even though I'm getting tired of it, only because I love you. And maybe one day, you will see that and open the door with a warm heart and loving hands. Maybe. Or maybe not.

I am so brutally in love with you, that it hurts every active cell in my body to love you.