Burnt Up Hopes

No, even I don't understand the caves that lie within my brain. I have no idea what these red oceans hold – unexplored, untouched, and untainted. I don't know the vessels, or their architecture or the reasons why they brave the uproars of my mind. But love, I do know what my reality is – and I can show you, I can show you the scenery painted on the canvas of my skull, I can show you the masterpieces carved inside my blood vessels; you need just a peek to know how flawed I truly am, but everything flawed is a priceless piece of art just how I am.

I need you to know, the power to destroy me with a snap lies within your fingertips – and you are the only person that I will ever trust with that; because I need you to understand that I am not a lie. I am not a fabrication; I am real and I am authentic. For me to keep swimming to sanity, I need you – I need you by my side and I need you to understand. I need you to empower me, to guide me on this path that's made up of the ashes of the life that I held within me; a life of lie. I need you, and this is not a lie.

For the longest time, I have walked on a very thin and very fragile line of reality – I have come to the point where the doctor drops the ball and I come undone from the hypnosis I have been in, but the tragedy is I don't know whether that's part of the hypnotism or not – and maybe I will never find that out.

I opened the door not for you to flee, but for you to take a step closer – as someone who had never answered a single knock, it was like staying unsheltered through the roughest of storms. And I know that my play of words would not make anything right, but I have to try – to tell you, that I need you, and that it's not a lie.

Poetry will be poetry. With that said, I would perfectly understand if you wish to pluck the flower in the midst of the garden; who wouldn't after all?