Chapter 31: Friday The 13th

A/N: Jed's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day began like any other day. Joshua and I were watching out for Dan and Cassy.

The four of us are [DIARY] owners, but these [DIARIES] are no ordinary diaries. They tell the future in specific ways.

*BEEP*

Cassy, Dan, and I took out our cell phones to see the updates in our future. Joshua, however, opened the scroll she kept with her.

The message today was, without a doubt, messed up: "FRIDAY THE 13TH"

"What does that mean?" Dan asked us.

"You got me." Jed answered the other male teen.

~~ Yukiteru's lair ~~

There were two entities in the lair: Yukiteru and The Reaper.

The Reaper is one of the many minions of Death. It is the entity that brings and kills anyone or anything it wants, excluding itself.

"What is so important about this day!?" Yuki yelled to The Reaper.

"If you've followed the superstitions of the humans, you'd know why it's a big deal." The Reaper answered the God of time and space.

"Is that why you're interfering with the tournament? You sent the remaining competitors an unauthorized message!" The God of Machine demanded with outrage.

"Precisely, but I've brought in my own 'competitior' for the day." The Reaper chuckled evilly.

"Show me this 'champion' of yours and maybe I'll let her in for the day." Yuki demanded

"I asked The Reaper to bring me here to confront, again, my long-time friend, rival, and arch-enemy for our traditional Friday the Thirteenth confrontation." The 'champion' calmly said to the God of Machine.

"And what is your name, human?" Yuki asked her.

~~ With Jed ~~

Soon after strolling the city, that morning, only Jed's [Diary] beeped with an update.

"One old rival/best friend/arch-nemesis confronts Jed… Fight escalates to all-out war… Result unknkown." The message read.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Jed cursed aloud after reading the 'future'.

~~ Yukiteru's lair ~~

"I see. You are interesting enough. You have my permission to enter my world." Yuki said to the newcomer.

Behind the newcomer was an emerald-blue dragon about the human's size.

"Your 'pet' is welcome, too." Yuki added.

~~ Morning in the city ~~

*BOOM*

One of the nearby buildings exploded around the third floor and two shadowy figures flew out of the explosion.

"Is that another [Diary] holder?" Jed asked aloud.

"Given the circumstances, I HOPE it is." Dan responded with the same hopefulness Jed asked in.

They were dead wrong as the shadows that jumped out rebounded off the next building and flew directly at Jed and his friends.

*CRASH*

The miscreants that landed left a small crater in the spot they were on.

"Nice to see you again, Jed. Or should I say The Fourth!" The figure said as though with evil intentions.