Chapter 39: Future Alliances?

"Hey, wake up, Jed! It's time for you to get up and go to school already! You've already missed school for the past nine days and I'll be damned if I let you miss another!" Esperat's voiced echoed all the way down the hall which caused Jed to roll around the bed with a pillow over his head to drown out his voice.

It had been nine days since Jed had his run in with the Fifth; after he was interrogated by the police, he said his final goodbyes to his family before sending them off to the witness protection program.

Even though he didn't really show it to anybody, he really felt awful for the death of his father, and he felt even more awful for not being able to hold a funeral for him since the other Future Diary Holders might attack him and his family during the service.

And since Jed couldn't live with any of his friends or by himself, Esperat offered to let Jed stay with him since it would make his job easier for him.

"Aghhh...but school is so boring and dull! I don't even want to get up and get dressed!" Jed groaned as he reached across the nightstand next to him and grabbed his [Dull Diary].

"Maybe I should just skip school in general and focus more on the Survival Game. I'm sure that's what most of the other Future Diary Holders are doing." He sighed as he sat up from the bed as he ran his hand through his hair.

He then jumped back and yelled in surprise once he removed the covers off him and saw that Murumuru was there sleeping next to him.

"Mmmm...I can't eat anymore corndogs...mhmmm...I'll only get fat if I eat more!" Murumuru grumbled in her sleep while tossing and turning in the bed, which kind of annoyed Jed since she could just appear next to anyone at anytime she pleased.

"M-Murumuru! What the hell do you think you're doing coming here and sleeping in my bed?" Jed asked after kicking her off the bed.

"Gah! Ouch!" Murumuru exclaimed after falling face first onto the wooden floor.

"Obviously, I wanted a safe place to sleep since the other Future Diary Holders wouldn't let me sleep next to them! Except for the Ninth, but he's kind of creepy." She muttered while rubbing her face.

"A safe place to sleep? Don't you usually sleep in the Holy Hall of Cause and Effect?" Jed questioned while getting out of the bed, walking into the bathroom.

"What's happening?"

"N-Nothing! But it's kind of falling apart due to Yukiteru being on the verge of death." Murumuru replied while crawling back onto the bed and snuggled into the covers.

"W-Wait what?" A loud thud sound was heard coming from the bathroom and then Jed quickly rushed out of the bathroom with a towel tied around his waist.

"Y-Yukiteru is on the verge of death? But- Ugh! What the hell is going on, Murumuru?"

"Oh that's right, you weren't alive yet during the second survival game, were you?" Murumuru laughed as she peeked her head out of the covers.

"You see, after Yukiteru won the survival game and became god in the second world, he and I pretty much sat around in an empty space for about ten thousand years not doing anything."

"T-Ten thousand years? The both of you just sat around and did nothing for ten thousand years?" Jed was clearly surprised at this statement and began to wonder just how long a god of time and space can actually live.

"Well it's not like I didn't want to do anything you know! I begged him every day to make a new world so that he could distract himself from the death of Yuno! But of course, he kept staring at his damn future diary and left me to read the same shoujo manga everyday for ten thousand years!"