Chapter 25: Making Up & Making Out

tbh I don't feel like editing this right now. Sorry for mistakes haha.

Chapter 25: Making Up & Making Out

To say Louis was tired when he woke up would be an understatement. He was exhausted, both physically and mentally. Louis cried himself to sleep with Zayn rubbing his back soothingly. But if Zayn was up with Louis that meant Zayn didn't sleep well either, and Louis felt extremely guilty for that. Louis felt to blame for the whole situation. If he hadn't been stupid, if he hadn't seen Sam behind Liam's back, then no one would be in the current situation. The guilt was gnawing away at Louis.

Louis head Zayn's alarm go off but he remained still. He listened as Zayn groaned and turned off the alarm, slowly sitting up in bed. Louis opened his eyes to see Zayn rubbing his face tiredly. Zayn looked completely worn out and that was understandable. Louis really wanted Zayn to stay home, to just get some rest, but Louis knew Travis would be back and Zayn was dying to see him. Zayn sighed deeply before getting out of his bed. That's when Louis sat up, the blanket falling off his body.

"I'm sorry." Louis blurted out, making Zayn jump slightly. Zayn turned around to Louis, giving him a sad smile.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Lou." Zayn replied softly.

"You look exhausted." Louis commented. He chewed on his bottom lip roughly and didn't stop until the metallic taste of blood hit his tongue.

"I can make it through the day, I'll just take a nap when I get home." Zayn told Louis.

"I'll call you in late. You can go back to sleep for a few hours." Louis offered. Zayn gave Louis a grateful smile but shook his head.

"It's fine. Besides, I just want to see Travis." Zayn said with a crooked smile. Louis hummed, running a hand through his hair.

"What if I resorted to begging? I just don't want to be alone." Louis confessed. Zayn felt bad for Louis, really bad. Seeing Louis like this was heartbreaking.

"You'll have Niall, and Harry comes home at noon." Zayn pointed out.

"I can't have a serious conversation with either of them." Louis sighed.

"How about I text you throughout the day, okay?" Zayn asked.

"That would be lovely. Now, go shower. I'll start breakfast." Louis said, getting out of the bed.

"Why don't you sleep for a while longer?" Zayn suggested but Louis shook his head.

"'M already awake. Gotta take care of my boys." Louis replied with a sad smile. He watched Zayn disappear into the bathroom before leaving Zayn's room. Louis walked down the hall to Harry's room. He pushed the door open and was surprised to see Harry was not in his bed. Louis furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to Niall's room. Niall wasn't in his room either. That's when Louis heard a few bangs and Liam grumbling coming from downstairs. Louis sighed and walked downstairs towards the noise.

When Louis walked into the kitchen, he was shocked to see Liam was at the stove trying to cook breakfast. Harry was banging on some pots and pans while Niall -who was in just a diaper- sat on the counter top, playing with some different spice containers. The scene made Louis smile a bit, it was quite adorable. Liam was clearly frustrated and wasn't paying much attention to the boys. Normally Louis would scold Liam for that but he couldn't find himself to this time. He knew Liam's mind was probably racing with thoughts.

"What are you boys doing?" Louis asked cheerily, plastering a fake smile on his face. Liam turned around with a huff, pouting slightly. His face was red and his eyes were a bit puffy, making it obvious that he had previously been crying. Louis' breath caught in his throat as Liam continued to stare at him.