Chapter 2: A Serious Phone Call & Quite the Conversation

Over 200 reads in two days? You guys are fucking great. ♥

Chapter 2: A Serious Phone Call & Quite the Conversation

The weekend came and went too quickly, at least that was what Louis thought. He really enjoyed the weekends, just because Liam was around to help out and the family could all be together with little to no worries. Then again, Louis really did enjoy those few hours when Harry was at school and it was just him and Niall. Niall wasn’t too much of a hassle, on most days that is. Harry would have to be picked up from school at noon, only going for half a day. Then when they got home, Louis would feed the boys lunch, they went down for a nap, and then Liam would be home around three to help out. It was a routine that Louis was more than used to, and it was something he was comfortable with.

It was about 10:30 on Monday morning, and Louis found himself in front of his laptop, paying some bills online. The in-home office, which was really for Liam, was an absolute disaster and Louis knew it had to be cleaned one of these days. Just not today.

Louis pushed his glasses up on his face and continued to type away, paying the bills that needed to be paid. Niall had been playing on the ground behind Louis, but soon lost interest in the toys. Niall crawled over to his Daddy, pulling himself up by grabbing onto Louis’ leg. Louis looked down at his son and gave him a smile.

“What’s up buttercup?” Louis asked. Niall tried to pull himself up on Louis’ lap and groaned when he couldn’t. Louis chuckled at his baby boy, picking him up and plopping him on his lap. Niall’s hands instantly went to Louis’ IPhone, gripping it in his hands.

“Be careful, bub.” Louis warned even though he knew Niall wouldn’t really understand. Louis kissed Niall’s dark hair and turned his attention back to the computer. A few minutes later his phone started ringing in Niall’s hands.

“Can I have the phone, Lovebug?” Louis asked. Niall handed the phone to his Daddy and Louis answered it, putting the phone up to his hear.

“Hello?” He greeted.

“Hello Louis, its Julia calling.” The female voice stated and Louis furrowed his eyebrows. Julia was a social worker, who helped Louis and Liam with the adoption process with Harry and Niall. So why she was calling Louis now was a bit confusing.

“Oh. Hi Julia! How are you?” Louis said politely.

“Very well, thank you. And yourself?” Julia responded.

“Lovely, things have been great around here. I assume that’s why you called, to check up on things.” Louis said.

“Well that’s good to hear. No, actually that’s not why I called. I wanted to bring something up with you that I thought would peak yours and Liam’s interests.” Julia said and Louis hummed.

“I’m listening.” Louis replied, pushing the laptop away because Niall was trying to touch it again. Niall whined and Louis kissed his cheek, shushing the baby.

“I was just presented a case, and I had to call you because I think you would be perfect for it.” Julia rushed out. Louis was still extremely confused.

“Go on…” Louis trailed off, just wanting to hear what Julia had to say.

“Anyways, the case. There was recently a boy put into our care, he got kicked out of his home by his parents and is looking for a place to live. His name is Zayn. I instantly thought of you and Liam, because I think you guys would be a good match for him. It would be temporary, of course, until we find a permanent place for him.” Julia explained. Louis was a bit taken back. Sure, Louis and Liam were registered foster parents, but Louis never really thought they would have to take in a child.