Chapter 3: Meeting Zayn

Louis ran around the house, trying to pick up all the toys that were scattered on the ground all while holding Niall on his hip. Liam was cleaning up the kitchen and God knows where Harry was. All Louis cared about was making sure the house looked presentable for Julia and Zayn's arrival... which would be any minute now.

Liam walked into the living room and smiled when he saw Louis freaking out. That sounded terrible, but Liam found it absolutely adorable when Louis was nervous like this; he would ramble and mumble and fidget and it might've been the cutest thing Liam has ever seen. Even after over ten years of it, he still found Louis' antics cute. Liam walked over to his husband and stopped him.

"What Liam?!" Louis snapped, lifting Niall higher on his hip. Liam ran his hand through Louis' hair, sorting it a little.

"Relax, sweetheart." Liam said quietly. Louis sighed and wiped his forehead.

"I can't relax. I need to finish cleaning before they get here." Louis rushed out, turning to put some toys in the bin in the corner. Liam followed him and grabbed Louis' arm gently.

"Lou, why don't you go get Harry and I'll finish up, okay?" Liam asked. Louis let out a breath and nodded. He tried to walk past Liam and go upstairs, but Liam's grip on his arm only tightened.

"Hey. I love you." Liam reminded Louis, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too, babe." Louis replied with a small smile. Liam then released Louis' arm, letting him walk upstairs to Harry's room. When Louis walked in, he found Harry sitting on his small bed, looking at a picture book. Louis knocked on the door lightly making Harry's head snap up. Harry smiled when he noticed it was his dad and little brother.

"Hi, Daddy." Harry greeted, closing the book and patting the spot next to him. Louis walked over to Harry's bed and sat down, placing Niall between himself and Harry. Harry smiled at Niall, grabbing his hand and holding it in his own.

"What were you doing up here, bud?" Louis asked.

"Just reading." Harry replied with a shrug.

"Well how about we go downstairs? Ms. Julia is going to be here with Zayn and we have to greet them." Louis told his son, who looked up at Louis in confusion.

"Who's Zayn?" Harry asked. Apparently he didn't quite remember the conversation he had with his parents a few days ago.

"Remember when Papa and I said that Zayn might be staying with us for a little while?" Louis said. Harry thought about it for a second then nodded. But as soon as he was done nodding, he looked confused again.

"Why can't Zayn stay at his own house?" Harry wondered. Louis sighed. He knew that Harry was going to ask questions, but he wasn't sure how he was going to answer them. He didn't think Harry was old enough to understand the situation at hand. All that he would be able to grasp was the idea that Zayn could potentially be living with them.

"It's a tough situation, and I think you're too young to understand. I don't want you asking Zayn about it though, okay? Like I said, it's a hard situation and we don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. I want you to be on your best behavior, Harry." Louis said sternly. Harry nodded eagerly and sat up to peck Louis' cheek.

"Of course, Daddy. I'm always on my best behavior." Harry said confidently. Louis chuckled and ruffled Harry's hair a bit.

"I know you are." Louis replied. The doorbell rang and Louis took a deep breath, preparing himself for what was about to come. He stood up and picked Niall up, then grabbed Harry's hand. The three of them went downstairs, and found Liam talking to Julia and a teenage boy, who Louis assumed to be Zayn. Liam noticed Louis' presence and smiled.