Chapter 18: Things Aren't so Great

Chapter 18: Things Aren’t so Great  

The next morning Louis woke up to the sound of Liam’s alarm. He heard a sigh come from his husband so he turned on his side to face Liam. Liam was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling. Louis shifted closer to Liam, laying his head on Liam’s bare chest.

“Another day, yeah?” Liam asked. Louis hummed and pressed a kiss to Liam’s collarbone.

“Yup.” Louis replied.

“Are you going to talk to Zayn today? You know it’s killing him that you’re ignoring him.” Liam said. Louis closed his eyes and ran his hand over Liam’s abs slowly.

“I know it is but I don’t know what to do that will make him understand. He needs to realize that we’re not going to put up with his bull shit any longer.” Louis told Liam, sitting up in their bed.

“Whatever, I’m not going to argue with you about it, Lou. Do what you want.” Liam mumbled before slipping out of bed. Louis watched Liam disappearing into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Louis groaned before getting out of bed himself and going into Harry’s bedroom. Louis walked in and made his way over to Harry’s bed. Louis ran his hands through Harry’s short hair, smiling at his son. Harry made a little noise of disagreement, making Louis chuckle quietly.

“It’s time to wake up, my little Har-bear.” Louis said softly. Harry’s eyes opened slowly and he blinked up at Louis. He noticed how flushed Harry’s cheeks looked, so he felt Harry’s forehead with the back of his hand. Louis frowned when he felt that Harry was warm.

“Are you feeling alright, love? You’re a little warm.” Louis commented. Harry shrugged and sat up, cuddling into Louis’ body. Louis sighed and pressed a kiss to Harry’s warm head.

“Does anything hurt?” Louis wondered and Harry nodded.

“What, sweetheart?” Louis said. Harry pointed to his throat and stomach before resting his face back on Louis’ chest. Louis wrapped his arms around Harry and held him close.

“How about you stay home from school today? I don’t want you getting anyone else sick. We can lay on the couch and cuddle.” Louis told his son who nodded.

The two of them got up and went to Niall’s room to wake him up. Niall seemed to be in a good mood, smiling and giggling as the two of them entered the room. Once Niall’s diaper was changed the three boys went down to the kitchen so Louis could make breakfast. Harry claimed that he wasn’t hungry but Louis wanted him to eat something so he just fed him some fruit.

A few minutes later, Zayn came down to the kitchen. It was really awkward but Zayn simply sat down and ate his breakfast in silence. Liam came down only moments later, walking over to Louis to peck his cheek and get his coffee. He frowned when he noticed that Harry wasn’t changed.

“Why is Harry still in his pajamas?” Liam asked, standing next to Louis and leaning against the counter. Louis took a sip of tea before setting his cup down on the counter.

“He doesn’t feel good and he’s warm so I’m going to keep him home, cuddle with him, make some soup or something.” Louis said with a shrug.

“Save me a bowl, babe?” Liam asked, grabbing Louis’ waist and rubbing his thumbs into the bones. Louis hummed, leaning up to kiss Liam.

“Of course I will.” Louis replied. Liam hugged Louis tightly, moving so his mouth was right above Louis’ ear.

“Have you talked to Zayn yet?” Liam asked. Louis pulled away and shook his head, biting his lip. Liam sighed and rolled his eyes slightly. That pissed Louis off, so he pushed Liam away from him. Louis really wasn’t in the mood to deal with both Liam and Zayn misbehaving.