Chapter 4: Settling in and Joining the Family

I updated cos I fucking love all of you♥

Chapter 4: Settling in and Joining the Family

A week later, Louis found himself helping to carry in Zayn’s stuff, and putting it in the guest room. It was kind of hard with Harry and Niall, but Julia had them entertained while Liam, Louis, and Zayn brought things inside. Zayn really didn’t have much, Louis took note of that. They would have to do some serious shopping soon. It was a good excuse to make Liam stay home with Harry and Niall, and a good excuse for Louis to shop.

Louis sat the last box down on Zayn’s bed and let out a breath, setting his hands on his hips. Zayn was hanging up clothes in the walk-in closet, humming to himself. Louis smiled at him. He had an idea that they were going to get along really well.

“So I was thinking we could go shopping next weekend. Get you some new clothes and necessities and such.” Louis brought up. Zayn stopped humming and turned to Louis, biting his bottom lip.

“That’s okay, I really don’t need anything. I’ve got more than enough clothes.” Zayn said, trying to politely decline Louis’ offer. Louis adored that about Zayn, he was so nice and polite. Most teenagers would take that offer up right away, but Zayn didn’t want to be a burden as weird as that sounds.

“It’s fine Zayn. You should really get used to it, we like to spoil rotten in this household.” Louis said with a wink.

“It’s just- you guys already took me in, I wouldn’t want to waste your money on something I don’t need.” Zayn replied and Louis rolled his eyes.

“It’s quite okay. Liam makes enough money that we don’t even know what to do with it. We’re not going to miss a few hundred on stuff for you.” Louis said and Zayn’s eyes widened.

“A few hundred? No, I cannot take that!” Zayn exclaimed.

“Yes you can. You’ll need money to go out with your friends and such. Speaking of which, when you’re done, come in the kitchen so Liam and I can lay down a few rules.” Louis said. Zayn sighed in defeat and nodded slightly.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a few minutes.” Zayn answered him. Louis nodded and left the room, going to the kitchen. Liam was sitting at the table with Harry to his right and Niall on his lap. Harry had on one of Louis’ old shirts and he was finger painting. Louis smiled at the scene, going to sit down as well.

“Where did Julia go?” Louis asked.

“Something came up, she’s gonna call in a few days to see how things are going.” Liam explained.

“Okay. What are you painting over there, Cupcake?” Louis asked his son, who looked up, brushing his hair off his forehead with his clean hand.

“I’m making Zayn a picture.” Harry smiled before going back to his work. The family had learned that Zayn was very artistic. He even showed off his sketchbook and had apparently inspired Harry to bring out his creative side.

A few minutes later, Zayn walked into the kitchen. He took a seat next to Louis, who smiled at the teenage boy. Liam cleared his throat, gaining Louis and Zayn’s attention. Harry continued to paint and Niall played with Liam’s fingers, occasionally cooing.

“Alright Zayn, we’ve got a few ground rules we want to cover. We think that these rules are fair and if you have a problem with any of these, we can discuss them and compromise. First off, your curfew on school nights is going to be 9:00 pm. On weekends, it will be extended to 11:00. You’re allowed to have friends stay the night but only on Friday and Saturdays and you must spend the night in the basement so you don’t wake up Harry and Niall. You’re not allowed to bring girls, or boys, here to hook up with. You are also expected to help out a bit around the house, like loading the dishwasher and such. There is no swearing allowed in front of Niall and Harry, but we do not mind you swearing in front of us as long as it is not directed to us. We also won’t tolerate drinking or drugs here, but I think that is expected. Do you have a problem with any of those rules?” Liam asked Zayn sternly.