Chapter 33: Rue Krauss

Start from the beginning

You: "No, I'm not doing that again. I've done it twice now. I regret both of them completely." He gets up and walks out of the room.

Rue: "M/N!" The woman calls out after him. "If you don't do this you will die!" I feel my own breath hitch. What? He'd die?

Korra: "Why, why would he die if he didn't do this?" The doctor turns to her and sighs.

Rue: "Because... The metal Zagan injected into him... Adamantine... It is the second strongest metal known now, behind only what Zagan was trying to do. He wanted to fuse the two strongest metals on Earth together to make an unbreakable compound. Titanium and Adamantine. But it didn't fuse, it merely stuck to one another, the pieces will begin to break off, and even though he can he'll himself... The metal will eventually shift into and cut some major artery or vane and he can't just heal himself around it..." Oh no...

Senna: "He'll bleed out, from the inside..." I say, the woman nods in return.

Rue: "I've created the necessary compound to interconnect the two metals bonds. It will create a molecular adhesive between the two keeping them together while the two metals fuse into one. But, it must be injected just like the metal was... And the compound must be kept at a degree of heat that only he could survive at. Meaning that only he could do this, no other creation or organism could survive it." I didn't understand most of what she said, but I got the part I needed too. He had to do this, and she was the only one who could perform it correctly.

Your POV

Who the hell does she think she is? Telling me I have to do this? No, I've been through that experience twice, and it was 2 times too many. Yet she seemed so sincere about it, like she genuinely wanted to help me, but I know she's doing this for herself too, Zagan's after her too, not just me. I walk out onto the terrace overlooking the mountain range, from this side of Korra's house you wouldn't even know there was a city on the other side. I then hear someone's footsteps coming from the hall, weird? I expected Korra to come.

Senna: "M/N?" I hear Korra's mother say. I sigh and thin my lips.

You: "Yes Senna?" I hear the footsteps fade away. I turn around and see Korra sitting there. Wow, that was one silent wheelchair. One look at Korra's face says it all, I knew what she was going to say.

Korra: "M/N-"

You: "I know, I know. I have to do it, there's no other choice. But I don't want to Korra, that procedure, it feels, like somethings changing you. Like you aren't yourself anymore..." I look down again.

Korra: "You'll die if you don't... I don't want you to die M/N..." I sigh, then look up to see her... crying?

You: "Korra? What's wrong?" She covers her face with her hands and shakes her head.

Korra: "M/N, he's not only after you. He's after me... and my family..." What? She never said he was after Korra and her family? "Please M/N, I can't beat him right now. I need your help, if you don't do this... I will lose my family, I will lose you... and I will lose my own life." I clench my fists... that bastard...

You: "Fine, I'll do it, but not because I want too." She nods, and a small smile crosses her face. I know I don't want to do this, yet I can't help myself when Korra asks me to do something.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

It took Rue about 3 days to get all the materials and create... well, whatever machine injects the stuff into him.

Rue: "Listen M/N, this compound, after injection, will make you very feverish. You will feel weak and sick. But I promise, you will survive it." M/N nods, but his face is still stern, showing no emotion. He really did not want to do this. M/N takes off his shirt and shorts and lays into the tub. Rue ushers us all out of the room, there was a room where we could watch, but it was obvious nobody did. I've seen this once before, I don't need to see it again... Oh my god, I made him go through with this...

The Dual BenderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara