Chapter Five

Your P.O.V

Jason came up to you after the campfire with a huge smile on his face.

"You did great, (Y/n)!" He told you.

"Thanks." You said softly, still a touch embarrassed. Jason put his arm around you.

"You're going to fit in great here, you know. Great shot with a bow and arrow, excellent singing voice...you're all I-er-anyone could hope for!" You didn't notice his slip up.

By now, you were at the doorstep of your cabin.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jason." You told him. When he removed his arm from around your shoulders, you felt lonely.

"See you, (Y/n)." Jason walked away. When you fell asleep, your dreams danced in lightning bolts.

~~~~~~

(Still) Your P.O.V

Over the next two weeks, you and Jason remained great friends. He would put his arm around you and walk you home after every campfire, often going on and on about your voice until you asked him to stop. Then, one night as you stood on your doorstep, things changed.

"Bye, Jason." You said.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He told you. Suddenly, he planted a quick kiss on your lips and bolted away, leaving you rooted to the spot in shock.

Jason P.O.V

I just kissed (Y/n).

It had taken two weeks for Jason to get the courage to do that. He was going to ask her to the fireworks (which were next week) as well, but he got cold feet. Thinking back, it was a little stupid to kiss a girl and run away before you could ask her out.

Whoops.

Not paying attention to where he was going, Jason found himself in Percy's cabin. Percy was sitting on his bed and staring at him.

"What's up with you, Jason? You look like a cute girl just kissed you." Percy's expression turned quizzical at Jason's reaction. "Did one?" He asked. Jason shook his head and squeaked out a few words.

"Um, well, I may have kissed a, uh, cute girl." He stammered. Percy grinned.

"Was it (Y/n)?" Jason nodded.

"But I ran away before I asked her to the fireworks." Percy facepalmed.

"Seriously, Jason? Great job. Just do it next time you see her." He advised Jason. "But um, I'd like to sleep now, so..."

"Sorry," Jason muttered, backing out of the cabin.

Why were feelings so complicated?

Your P.O.V

Things were a little odd between you and Jason for the rest of the week. You still talked, but you never mentioned the runaway kiss. The event hung over like you two like a gray storm cloud, demanding to be acknowledged, but you'd both rather get rained on than bring it up.

But at the next campfire, Jason still put his arm around you and walked you home. Right in front of the cabin, he spoke.

"Look, (Y/n), I'm sorry about last time, it's just that I was going to ask you to the fireworks, but it's a little late now since they're tomorrow night, but I got scared and just..." Jason took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." You smiled and took his hand.

"I don't think it's too late to ask me." You said. "And I'd love to go with you." Jason let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, thank the Gods for that." He laughed. "I'll, uh, pick you up tomorrow at eight?" You nodded.

"Sounds like a plan." You told him. Then, you gave him a kiss of your own.

But this one lasted a little longer than just a fleeting peck.

A/N

Ayyeeeeee it finally happened! You and Jason are (sort of) a thing now! Sorry for not updating lately, but here you go :).

Sneakers, daughter of Hermes