XIX // Quidditch Commences

Start from the beginning

Also, more importantly, I scored more goals than Potter did. Luckily for Gryffindor, it was a fair amount, because our keeper's performance wasn't particularly, well, good, and so despite lack of any real skill, the Slytherins were able to score a bit more than we wanted them to. 

Dorcas Meadowes, what were you doing? 

The whole match her face was scrunched up into this awful scowl, and she seemed far too upset about something to actually focus on the game. Although now that I think about it I haven't really seen her and Remus together since their argument of a couple of weeks ago, so that may be a contributing factor. She's normally quite switched on during Quidditch. She's the best keeper we've had in over twenty years, but did she show that today? No. She did not.

Oh, did I forget to mention? We won. Morwenna Lestrange was maybe ten seconds off evening out the score when Thom caught the snitch. So we won by 160 points. Pretty good if I don't say so myself. It's always a good sign winning the first match if you have plans to win the Quidditch cup. 

There's currently a celebration going on downstairs that I will join eventually, but I'm giving everyone time to congratulate Potter on his game before I join the party and truly steal the show. I want him to enjoy at least some of the glory, I'm not a terrible person. 

Finally, I'd just like to say how happy I am that we won Quidditch. Although I still feel quite disgruntled over not being made captain, Quidditch is just something that I just really love, you know? Not even Potter can ruin it for me with his idiocy and captain-ness. Quidditch is just Quidditch. 

Saturday

November 15, 1977

Gryffindor Girls' Dormitory

In all honesty, I do feel as though the Gryffindors should change their house characteristics to include 'excellent at throwing parties' because, boy, the Gryffindors sure are good at throwing parties.

This, of course, is a mostly redundant point because as previously stated: I do not like parties. Quidditch parties, however, are slightly different because everyone's on a post-win high and wants to celebrate together and that mostly includes me because I am also on a post-win high. 

I know Lily enjoyed herself at least because she and Potter spent half the time snogging in some corner (I'm assuming they've moved past the 'it's a secret' phase of their relationship). It was disgusting, to say the least. 

At one point Julie Ansen came up to me and asked if I'd seen Lottie, which I hadn't, and then proceeded to tell me in a very quiet voice that Mark Abery had just asked her out and she didn't want to date him but she didn't know how to say no. 

Poor Mark. He's a good kid. Poor Julie. She's a better kid. Poor Louise. She's a somewhat likeable kid. All round, at least one person, if not all three, are going to get upset about this.  

Also- poor me! I don't want to be stuck with the problems of these children!

The highlight of the party, unfortunately, was a group of Gryffindors clambering through the portrait hole and shouting loudly that Hestia Morris, Emmett Davis and Octavius Nubbs had been attacked by a group of Sixth and Seventh year Slytherins and were in the Hospital Wing, which sent Black and Potter into a bit of a tizzy. They rushed out of the Common Room, a bit too sloshed on butterbeer and firewhiskey for my liking, to mixed reactions of horror and cheers. 

They returned twenty minutes later, looking fairly worse for the wear (Black had an eponymous eye and was limping, and Potter was sporting a nice gash on his cheek), but the triumphant gleam in their eyes showed that they probably didn't care too much about their injuries.