1~ Beginnings

Based off the movie not the books so Emma is the girl who's peculiarity is air and Olive is fire

I walked along the beach, bored out of my mind, with a paper plate that had a few fish fingers on it. I had eaten most of them before I even got to the beach but that was okay. I could always go back up to my fathers house and get some more. My father. Dad.
My mother and I were in Wales for dads funeral. They were split up, but once she heard of his death, we packed a few weeks worth of clothes, left the safe walls of my England home and flew over here. The funeral was in a few days and I was not looking forward to it.
I sighed, and turned up the volume of my music, the song being 'Shotgun Rider' by Tim McGraw. I'd had it stuck in my head for a while, but it was okay coz it was a good jam.
I walked along the beach, occasionally looking behind me to see my footprints sink into the soft sand. I noticed a cave up ahead, so I thought 'hey- why not?' I dumped the rubbish in the nearest bin and stuffed my hands into my jean pockets. The song ended and a new song came on.
'Born to multiply, born to gaze into night sky, all you wants one more Saturday...' It was 'Australia' by the shins. My favourite. I hummed along to the song and walked deeper into the cave.
'The selfless fool who hoped he'd save us all, never dreamt of such sterile hands. You keep them folded in your lap, and raise them up-' the song stopped abruptly and I groaned. It was in full battery when I left the motel, so why was it stopping now? I tried everything to turn it back on, but nothing worked. I saw some light at the end of the cave, so I walked towards it and stepped out into what seemed to be a more colourful version of the beach. I shrugged and walked around, keeping my attention on my phone, neglecting to realise that I had somehow ended up in a lush, green garden. I pushed my glasses back up onto the bridge of my nose and looked around. I had no idea as to where I was.