Chapter 3

Don't judge a book by its cover...

* K U R T *

I parked outside Scandals and went in. "ID?" The guy asked. I nervously handed him the fake ID. He flashed his flashlight on it. He looked at the ID and the down at me. He shrugged. "Go on in." I went in and walked over to were the drinks were and sat down. "Shirley Temple please." I said and the guy nodded. He came back with my drink and I started drinking it.

I looked around and spotted someone I would have never guessed would be here.

***

* R A C H E L *

"Finn stop being a dork. I only agreed to meet you because your my best friend and Blaine's best friend." I said curling my hair.

" you invited me ove-" Finn started, but I cut off.

"Whatever okay!" I slammed the iron on the dresser and turned around."Listen I know I act like I don't like you but your really my  best friend." I turned around and started curling my hair again. "After this your taking me out on a friend date to the Lima bean to get my coffee. Then to Breadstixs because I am hungry as hell."

"Did you talk to Blaine about this" Finn asked looking at his phone.

"Of course. I mean I would have made him take me out, but he had a family obligation. He's fine with it." I said putting on mascara. "I'll be ready to leave in an hour."

Finn groaned," Does it take you freaking four hours to get ready?"

"I have needs" I smiled.

*********

* K U R T *

Over in the corner was a short guy with gelled hair with little loose hairs sticking out and hazel eyes. He looked over and smiled. I could tell he was drunk. His buttons on his jacket didn't match up and his shirt was bunch up at the bottom. Some of his hair popped out of the gel that was holding it in place. Why the hell was Blaine Anderson here at Scandals. A gay bar. Repeat a gay bar. He was dating Rachel. He was straight..right?

He gestured for me to come over and so I did. We started dancing. Then it turned into sexy dancing. Do you think I'm sexy came on.

Sugar, sugar, mmm, ooh

She sits alone waiting for suggestions
He's so nervous avoiding all her
His lips are dry, her heart is gently pounding
Don't you just know exactly what they're thinking?

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on, sugar, let me know
If you really need me, just reach out and me
Come on, honey, tell me so

Blaine kept whispering in my ear." I want you. I do" he began thrusting towards me. He began kissing my neck. He stopped and we started dancing again.

********

* R A C H E L *

"Rachel, I'm glad were friends." Finn said outside my house. I tucked a piece of brown hair behind my ear and looked up to the taller boy. I smiled slightly and looked into Finn'slight brown eyes.

"Well I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow." I looked at him one last time and went into my house.

Once I was in my house I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I locked my door and slid down the door. Finn. Am I falling for you? No you cant be you have Blaine. Who am i kidding. I sat down on my bed and reached over to my mp3 player. I played the first song.

Head under water

And they tell me to breathe easy for a while
The breathing gets harder, even I know that
Made room for me but it's too soon to see
If I'm happy in your hands

I pulled my long wavy brown hair into a ponytail and combed it in the mirror.

I'm unusually hard to hold on to
Blank stares at blank pages
No easy way to say this
You mean well, but you make this hard on me
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you asked for it
'cause you need one, you see

I threw the comb on my bed and stood up still looking in the mirror.

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you tell me it's
Make or break in this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better
Reason to write you a love song today

I went to sit on my bed and scrolled through my Facebook notifications and feed.

I learned the hard way
That they all say things you want to hear
And my sinks deep down under you and
Your twisted words,
Your help just hurts
You are not what I thought you were
Hello to high and dry
Convinced me to please you
Made me think that I need this too
I'm trying to let you hear me as I am

I got a text from Finn

Finn
[7:32]
Got back home safe :) Had fun. See you tomorrow -Finn Hudson

I chuckled lightly. I replied

Rachel
[7:35]
You don't need to identify yourself. I have your number and name in my phone.

I exited out our conversation and clicked on Blaine's name.

Rachel
[5:22]
Hope all is well :) Miss you xx
Delivered

Rachel sighed and tossed her phone aside. She turned around and looked at her elliptical in the corner of her room. She put her long brown hair in a ponytail and walked towards it.

***

I hope you like this so far. I like how it's turning out.

It's nice rereading this story myself lol

Anyway,

Shine Bright
~Mercedes