Chapter 1

* K U R T *

"Can anyone answer my question?" Ms. Holiday asked walking a few inches away from the white board. "What is pain? Explain it to me." I slumped in my chair hoping the teacher wouldn't call on me randomly like she always does. It always happens when I don't know the answer. I looked around and I saw Blaine's hand raised. "Yes, Mr. Anderson."

"Well, I think a certain kind of pain is in love. People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bull. Being in love hurts. Especially in some cases, loving someone who will never love you back. How can we deal with love if we're afraid to feel? People try so hard to hide their pain. Just pretend everything's okay, but its not. You shouldn't be afraid to express how much pain your in. Pain is something to carry, like..a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of the pain you experience with someone.

But It's all how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a very strong feeling and your feelings will always be a part of you and your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, it will eventually tear you up inside. You should stand up for your right to feel the pain your in." Blaine said and continued, "Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart."

I stared at him with a small smile. No way a guy like him will ever realize my existence. He was to perfect.

"That was amazing Mr. Anderson " Ms. Holiday said clapping. "How did you know all those things at such a young age?" I looked over at Blaine who was smiling at the teacher and looked down at his book and I smiled sadly and looked back up.

"Experience."Blaine quietly said, not looking up from his book.

"Okay. Your homework is that you have to write down a meaningful word down on a piece of paper and write at least a 2 page essay on it. Really dig deep. Its due on Friday. Class dismissed." I started gathering my things and headed out the door.

Once I got to my locker I saw Rachel greet Blaine with a kiss. Rachel closed her locker, linked arms with Blaine, and began walking to their next class. After gagging, I sighed and walked the complete opposite way.
***
"Can't we just do 'My Cup' Artie and I did an amazing job on the lyrics." Brittany said combing her hair with a fork.

"No, that song is just....how can I say it this way... it sucked" I said staring at my phone. "Anyway, we need 2 more members to qualify for sectionals and it's not like people are lining up to join glee."

Mr.Shue slammed his hand on the piano and everyone's head snapped up including mine. "Stop about this loser crap!" He ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath. "Okay, this weeks theme is..." he said turning around and writing on the white board. "Something about friendship or being there for someone."

I looked down at my phone and began texting Mercedes.

Mercedes
[1:34]
That sucks Kurt :(

Kurt
[1:35]
I'm sad your sick. I could really use a hug.

Mercedes
[1:35]
I'll be there tomorrow. And I'm really sorry about Blaine I know you really like him, but I think we both knew how this would end.

Kurt
[1:36]
I know.

Mercedes
[1:38]
I gotta get my sleep so I can come tomorrow.

Kurt
[1:39]
Oh okay. Bye cedes.

Mercedes
[1:41]
Bye Kurt <3

I looked back up and Mr.Shue was at the piano.

"To give you an Example I'll sing something" Mr. Shue said started to play the piano. I silently groaned. If I was being honest, I just wanted to go home and sleep. Possibly work on my English assignment, but eventually be overthrown by procrastination.

Looking back over at Mr. Shue. He was singing, 'Lean on Me' by Bill Withers. By the time he got to the chorus everyone joined him.

I thought back to what Mercedes said. We both knew how this was going to end.

I don't know what I was thinking. Blaine and I would never work out. I'm not sure why I got my hopes up in the first place.

***

I'm back. And with plenty of new updates waiting to be published.

I hope you like it so far. :)

What are you excited most to see again? Or for the first time?

Shine bright⭐️🌟✨
-Mercedes