Chapter 2

*B L A I N E*
"Hey, you promised me we would go bowling or something" Rachel said checking her makeup in the mirror in her metal blue locker. "Also, The football team is coming because of your big win. Congratulations by the way." She started combing her hair with her pink comb."The cheer squad is coming. Even the ones from glee club even though there all losers. "She looked at me then back in the mirror. "That means the dumb blond, The Latina, and the one that got pregnant. Sue let her back on the cheerios. Not sure why. Biggest mistake, but it's fine." Rachel shut her locker and faced me

"Oh okay Rachel." I smiled.  I stared at her and she leaned in to kiss me. "Are you trying to kiss me Berry?"

"What if I was?" I chuckled slightly and we started kissing in the empty hallway. I pushed her against the wall and the kiss became more heated.

* K U R T *

I got my English book out of my locker and closed it. I started walking down the hallway when I heard moans and papers falling. I debated if I should continue walking.

I looked around the corner to see Blaine and Rachel making out against the wall. My heart shattered even more watching this. I quickly turned the corner. Here comes that gaging feeling again. I looked at the time. Third period was about to end. A second later later, the hallway turned silent. My heart began to beat. What if they knew I was here? Sure I should've left and walked back to class, but it's to late now.

"I gotta go to class."I heard Blaine say. "I'll see you later." and he started walking my way. Panicking, I turned and just stared inside my locker. Pretending to look for a book.

I heard footsteps coming my way again. Blaine walked right passed me. I sighed and stared at him while he walked to his next class. I realize the bell was going to ring any second. So, I fast walked to English. I couldn't help but feel a glare as I walked to class. I turned and saw Rachel with her arms folded, shaking her head. Her face displayed a cold look. I turned away and continued walking to class.

******

"Your papers were really fascinating. I will some of them aloud but I won't say names." everyone groaned not wanting their paper to be read.

"One paper was 'be happy for what you have because it can vanish in a second."

"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.

Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.

Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.

Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.

Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.

Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.

Give the world the best you have anyway."

"This paper was interesting and incredible. That was only half of it." She went to her desk and picked up 2 papers on the desk. "These next two were so alike and really deep and well done. Courage."

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." I widened my eyes as she continued to read off both papers. " Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." Ms. Holiday looked up at the class. "Well done" she looked down at the papers and up.

There was silence. Dead silence in the room.  I slid further down the dark blue chair I was sitting in. I need courage right now. At this very moment.

"Okay, homework is you have to read page 285 to 350 in your book and write a summery on it. Due Tuesday. Class dismissed." I gathered all my things and practically ran out of the classroom.

******

I sat on my bed and started reading from my English textbook. Why does my teacher do this to me?  I suddenly got a text.

Mercedes
[6:40]
Kurt, I want you to get off that lazy ass of yours. Stop doing your homework and live a little. I know that the Blaine thing is tough...

Kurt
[6:42]
I have to read 60 pages of small letters. The world can wait.

Mercedes
[6:42]
So, do It when you get back.

Kurt
[6:42]
Back from...

Mercedes
[6:44]
doing something fun. Your young once in a lifetime. Take advantage of it. Have to go. Love you!

I smiled at that text and responded:

Kurt
[6:45]
love you to 'cedes.

I locked my phone and stared at the text book in front of me.

Do something fun. Fun like what. Kurt as your mind my job is to think of stuff. I know. Your going to Scandles. Nope I refuse. I can quit anytime I want. Your going. Fine you win. But only because I don't want you to give me wrong answers on a test.

After I was done giving my self a mini pep talk I went to my closet. I settled on a black v-neck with a white vest and black skinny jeans. I grabbed my phone(and my Fake ID that Santana had graciously got me) and headed downstairs. My dad wasn't home yet so I sent him a text.

Kurt
[7:00]
Going over to Mercedes. Be home soon.

I headed out the door to my navigator.

This could be fun...I hope i don't regret this.
***

I hope your liking it so far <3 I also hope you're not mad if I take a certain part out of the original story. It's just I wanted to make some changes now that I'm older. I mean I did start write OMN five years ago😅

Shine bright ⭐️✨🌟
-Mercedes