The Photo

Playoffs were officially starting this week and I was nervous and excited. The past couple weeks Jay and I had been spending a lot of quality time together, really trying to get over the fight we had. Just as we started getting back in step, Jay's Nike ads blew up and he had become the "It" guy overnight. His social media followers exploded and the number of women sending him messages had become insufferable. I wasn't really on anything, just Facebook but my friends list was limited. I knew it was happening but at least I didn't see it first hand. I tried to ignore it as much as a I could. Jay was really good at making me feel better about it though. However, he was currently in Miami for their Divisional playoff game. They were ranked 1st in their division so they skipped the Wild Card round and were now fighting for the Divisional Championship. But why Miami of all places. Buh.

I was up early for a few reasons. Sleeping by myself was difficult I came to find out. I tried my best to sleep in the center and enjoy the perks of sleeping alone but it was too hard and cold. Jay was my personal heater. I also had 3 showings for a young couple I had been working with since after Thanksgiving. They had seen over 30 houses and not one was to their liking. I was starting to get frustrated but the homes they were looking for were expensive and my commission would be great. I just hoped they found one soon before the stress and chaos of playoffs. If Jay won and continued on, there would be no way I was missing those games. I pulled myself up out of bed and got in the shower.

I finally got home just in time for Jay's game. The girls and I were going to watch with Jessica, Liam's girlfriend we hung out with at New Years. The four of us had become close the past few weeks, especially her and Ash. The excitement of the playoffs, the worry and stress is something only we really knew. It was nice to have each other. We had invited Jessica over to our place to watch. I felt bad I was running so late. I walked in just as the national anthem was playing.

"Phew I made it just in time!" I went to each of them and gave them hugs and kisses on the cheek. I made my way over to the empty seat next to Brit.

"How'd it go?" She asked as I pulled a blanket over me.

"Good. I think they finally found one, thank God. They are gonna call me tomorrow with their decision and hopefully an offer. I just want to get back to normal." I breathed out. I hadn't realized I was kind of out of breath.

"Good, I hope so too. I'm so on edge about this, this shit sucks." We all laughed together. We knew exactly what she meant.

The first half was a literal nail bitter. We barely spoke to each other in between cheers for the field goals and swearing when Miami scored. At half time it was 14-6 Miami. We all got up silently to go to the bathroom and refill our wine glasses. 

"Fuck." Brit said out of nowhere. "I hate this. God I hope they come back playing better. I can't do this." I laughed and walked over to her rubbing her back.

"It's OK, there, there." She swatted my hand away. "Here drink more wine, it will calm you down." I said as I filled her glass.

"Thanks. We're gonna need about 7 more bottles if this shit continues."

The broadcast came back to the 2nd half and we all settled down into our seats. The camera panned to Jay who was looking at the playbook and talking to the one coordinator. Please win I silently prayed.

Miami was receiving first. Our D only let them get a return of 15 yards. They looked amped with more energy than before. Miami's offense came out on the field. The snap came back to the quarterback and before he could blink he was sacked. The ball went flying. It was a fumble! There was a scramble but one of our guys picked it up and ran. Oh my God! We were out of our seats screaming. He got into the end zone untouched. Touchdown!!! We were jumping up and down screaming our heads off and hugging each other. Fuck yes!!