Chapter 3

My eyes flick open and I awake to find myself laying in bleached sand with a pounding headach,and the squawking seagulls that im surrounded by arent helping.
I sit up and look around.
"Hello!? is anybody there?"
Where am I?
"Hello!"I try again.
Nobody.
"I don't remember their being a beach anywhere near my appartment in Toronto." I say under my breath.
I stand up and walk into the shallow water to rinse myself off.
"AHHHH!!!" My high pitch scream scares the seagulls away and I'm left alone.
As soon as my toes hit the water it stings, burns, and I feel like I'm going to pass out or vomit, {maybe both} my mouth waters along with my eyes and I fall into the water.
Making everything ten times worse.
I flap my arms around and scream from the agonizing pain, the water is freezing, witch doesn't help, and my legs feel like there getting hot acid poured all over them.
Somehow the water quickly becomes deep, the current pulls at my legs dragging me out to sea.
The current pulls me down and I try to keep my head above watter as much as I can, but gulping in saltwater every 10 seconds makes it kinda hard to breath.
"HELP!-HEL-HELP! HELP ME!!
The water goes back over my head, except this time its way over my head.The ocean current is no match for me.
I try to break free! To fight for oxygen!
But I lose the fight....
And the current pulls me away.
I am tossed around under water, and thrown into rocks.
I try to grab onto something, anything. but I can't, my lungs are on fire and purple spots spread everywhere across my vision. My ears start to ring, everything goes black, and my heart slows down........
Then he saved me.
Two arms wrapp around my waist and pull me up above the water, i start to cough and inhale a gulp of salt water on the way up.
"Are you okay?!!" asked a panicky voice. "talk to me!!!"
I start to have a coughing fit, because of the salt water burning my dry throat.
"Take it easy." the person places me on a hard, slimy surface and holds my arm.
I open my stinging, blurry eyes and roll over on the rock, i see a boy about my age treading water beside the me.
His worried blue eyes are looking back at me and his dark brown hair glows under the sun
"Thank you. you saved my life."are the first words to come out of my mouth.
"Well I-"
I cut him off before he gets a chance to finish.
"We-..we're am i? Who are you?"
"I'm James, and you are in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Are you okay?"
"Wait, what!! I-in the middle of the Indian Ocean!!! That's not possible i live in toronto and-"
"So what happened with your tail, you looked like you lost control or...Ohh you haven't gotten much practice with it have you?!?"
I don't usually save mermaids from drowning!?!?"He says, "only humans".
"T-tail?!?! Mer-mermaids? But I- I'm not a mer-maid.Mermaids arent even real!" I say and he looks at me in disbelief .
"Wait,.....you mean you didn't know?!?!"
My legs start to tingle like there falling asleep. So I sit up and pull them out of the water, only to relies that they weren't legs.
Replacing where my legs are supposed to be, is a beutifull purple tail covered in shimmering scales, and thats when i also realise that my short brown hair is now,down to my but and coal black!
My anger and confussment pulls together and creates salty tears to spill out of my eyes.
I pull my knees up to my chest and begin to cry.
"I-I- I don't know what to do, and I need to get back to my fa-amily in Toronto and i have a freakin tail!!!!"........I say beetween sobs.
He lets go of my arm and pulls himself out of the water and onto the rock beside me, thats when i notice his dark blue tail.
"Whats your name? can you remember?"
"yes, I-i can remember, my name is Ally, Ally Wick." I say
"Okay Ally, listen, I know your scared, and confused but i will get you back to your house in....toronto, I promise. And-" he says
"listen, thank-thank you james for trying to help and .....saving my life and, your right i am scared and confused but i dont even know you and-i-i just want my legs back so I can get home.......please, James"
" You want your legs......back? Wait... you mean to say that you had legs?, he says looking taken aback. I-i m sorry, Ally but a mermaid is a mermaid, you can't get your legs back.