•~•CHAPTER 21•~•

Start from the beginning

He smirks at me when he walks in, and comes directly into my radius so I have to tip my head pretty far back in order to look at his face.

When he leans closer to me, my eyes close instinctively but I feel no pressure on my lips. Instead, I actually feel him move away from me. My eyes snap back open to stare at him in confusion. He had moved across the kitchen from me, now with a couple cookies in his hand. His smirk is ever present as I openly glare at him.

I can feel the eyes of my friends on us, but I'm too consumed by Carver's presence to look towards them.

"These are great. Did you make these?"

My heart stupidly flutters at his compliment but I try to ignore it as I nod stiffly.

"Seems like you've been busy, huh?" I don't respond.

"Will you come get me when the brownies are done?" He asks after looking me over for the tenth time. When I don't offer a response again, he comes back to stand directly in front of me, so close our chests are almost touching. His hand comes up to brush away the hair that fell from my messy ponytail. After tucking it behind my ear, his hand lingers on my jaw. "Please?" Oh boy, he knows exactly how to get me to fall at his feet.

"I will come get you," I mumble. His face splits into a genuine smile.

"Alright. I'll see you then," he continues to smile, sadly stepping away from me.

"Ladies," he says to my friends in goodbye before leaving where he came from.

Slowly, my eyes move from the doorway and back to my friends who have their jaws dropped.

"Carver?!" Clary finally breaks the silence, her voice practically a shout.

"Yeah... it's Carver."

"Damn. You're lucky. He's hot," Mel giggles. I can feel my wolf clawing to stake our claim and demand that this unmated female never even breathes the same air as him again. It's a fight to push her back down into the depths of my mind but I thankfully accomplish the task.

"So how does that work?" Clary asks, "I mean with the whole being a juvenile still. Do the Alpha and your sister know?"

"Well...I don't know exactly. But he's my mate. I know it can't technically be official, but I know that he's mine. I guess it'll work like any other mate couple... just slower. A lot slower," I add, my face getting hot from my embarrassment.

They laugh at me, obviously amused by my innocence. "And my last question?" Clary smiles widely. Her smile dims however when she notices my frown.

"Yeah they found out. Mason isn't very happy. There was kind of a... almost fight thing the night I got here."

"And that means...?"

"Carver tried some moves on me and Sage walked in on him almost kissing me. She wasn't happy at all. It was a recipe for disaster," I groan, finishing up with the brownies and shoving them into the oven. "Carver is obviously possessive considering the whole mate thing. But Sage is super protective. She's my sister. Hell, she's basically been my mom too the past few years. So basically they just kinda got into a dominance struggle thing and Carver almost attacked my sister until I stepped in to take the blow. He stopped before he hurt me. But Mason has come in and then the whole situation blew up more...Mason demanded that Carver stayed away from me." I decide to leave out Carver being taken down from Gamma. Sage said she'd fix it. She'll fix it. For now, it's just between the three of us. No one else needs to know and look poorly on my mate. No one better ever look down on my mate.

The girls look at me with sympathy and confusion. Understandable considering all I've dropped on them in the past 20 minutes.

"But he was just-"