17: A New Home

Začať od začiatku

'how did you know?'

'samantha informed me, goodness me, i'm not leaving you alone anymore'

A little while later rubina came running along with irshad at her heels.

'shukr hai, you're okay, how did the fire start? ' rubina hugged shira tight and looked up at the window which was now being cooled down with water. Irshad got a call and he looked at shira and nodded.

'you guys need to be escorted to a safer location, rubina, zara come with me, and shira, ridwaan wants to speak to you' among all the chaos they  recognised the renowned figure of ridwaan azizi who looked up at the place with anger.

'why do we need a safer place, this was just an accident? ' rubina frowned.

'rubina, zara to the car now, i'll explain later' with that irshad left to the car and nodded at ridwaan.

'just go, i'll be alright' shira reassured her friends and ridwaan walked towards her.

'follow me' he said curtly and she could sense the anger and irritation in his voice and perhaps a little concern. Shira did not have the energy to argue so she obeyed. She waved goodbye to the remaining few neighbors who stood by her worried and thanked them for being there. She told them she was going to a relative's house and that she was safe, although hesitantly she gave a sideway glance to her companion who was impatiently waiting for her.

'are you fine? ' he asked worried and shira felt like rolling her eyes.

'why do you care and what is it that you want? How did you even know about this?' shira could not help but be suspicious. Did he hate her that much to burn her down and take her life?

'just what kind of a monster do you think i am? Just because we are not on good terms doesn't mean i kill you, why would you even think something like that?' he asked her incredulously. She bit her tongue, she had voiced out her thoughts.

'possibility of that is not exactly very low you know, you hate me, besides just a few hours ago you were telling me to shift, did you know about this?' shira raised her eyebrow in suspicion.

'something like this but didn't expect it to be this soon' with a dark look on his face he reversed out of his parking spot and hit the maximum speed.

'so you knew i was in danger?' with a hint of slight hesitation, he nodded his head.

'you could have warned me' shira threw at him maliciously.

'oh yeah? Lets borrow the time turner and go back a few hours in the past and lets see if the past you would have believed me when i would have warned you' the sarcasm was pretty raw.

'what could ever- wait you are a harry potter fan?' the man in dark clothes seated next to her turned a slight shade of pink but of course she could not make it out in the dark.

'anyway, you'll be placed in one of my penthouses on the outskirts of new York, with top security assigned and before you speak up' he gave her a threatening look, when she had opened her mouth to protest, and turning his eyes on the road again, 'i want you to know that this is for your own good, so don't you dare argue' his voice held a sharp edge but shira abed was not that easy to be convinced.

'no i don't agree with you, what about university, my friends?'

'there would be an assigned driver to drive you to university and back to the penthouse everyday and your friends will still be staying with you, and about your old apartment, my men will see to that all your necessities are brought to you and it will be sealed for the time being under it being reconstructed. '

Shira wanted to speak more but the way he was increasing the speed, she thought it was better not to let his temper flare. Even though her palms were bandaged, the searing cutting pain of flesh still existed, raw and strong. She also felt quite drowsy and did not have the energy to argue anymore so she silently accepted whatever he said, there was the whole next morning to plan her next moves. She would obviously not oblige to whatever he just said. She would get to the roots of it. How she, an ordinary girl got caught up in a foul mess of conflicts and death was beyond her comprehension at the moment.

'just....' ridwaan cast her a sharp and weary glance daring her not to defy him anymore and she had run out of energy to do so anyway.

'make sure that your men handle the plants with care' with a last drowsy look at what seemed to be his bewildered face as if he was expecting something more and she knew he was surprised to find out that it was not a protest or retaliation to him. She dozed of to sleep.

Only if she would have known that she was not an ordinary girl, she meant a great deal to a certain someone which of course added to the better side of disadvantages in the equation. Being special is not always rainbows and candies, it often attracts unwanted attention which can sometimes be.......... Life taking.
_________
Sorry for the late update, been busy lately but still trying to keep up. Also sorry if this book is looking pathetic right about now. School is taking up most of my concentration and time. Its hard to pay attention to anything remotely co curricular after hours of brain drilling.

Also...... Keep track..... The weather forecast of this book says the characters are headed for a thunderstorm 😋