3: Surprise Surprise

An update!!!!!
---------
A jaguar halted right in middle of the University parking turning heads in it's direction. A man wearing a denim shirt along with jeans stepped out. His dishevelled hair sticking up in different directions complimenting his  informal look. This surely was a feast to a few greedy female eyes seeking bliss. Gasps went around as the renowned trustee,  mr azizi's son was spotted walking smartly up to the university gates.

The sky was grey,  threatening to spill over any moment. Temperature in new york in the month of January is genuinely quite low,  today was one of the day of thunder storms. The wind blew harshly through the gaps between the leaves causing them to move and make a rustling sound. Smaller plants swayed merrily as if they knew the bliss they would be drowning in a little while later. Meanwhile three girls huddled together, crossed the University gates and managed to make it into the gloomy corridors which otherwise on other days would be brightly illuminated by the morning sunshine.

"good we are in before we were drenched" zara spoke thankfully.

"oh come on,  you are the only annoyed being who hates rain" shira spoke flicking the forehead of a eye rolling zara.

"actually if you take one of the recent research in account - "

" okay zara,  we get it habibti, you are right,  you are not the only one hating rain,  many are,  now please don't switch into your fact presenting mode" rubina pleaded with desperation in her voice as she knew that if her friend started spilling her never ending sea of knowledge,  they would drown too deep and it would be too late to be rescued. Zara ahmadi rolled her eyes as a merry laugh rung out of shira abed's body lightening up the gloomy atmosphere surrounding them. Her friends joined in and together linking arms they reached the auditorium assigned for the orientation that day, only for shira to topple over in surprise.

Surely she had not expected her 'accidental kidnapper'  to be there on the podium holding her surprised stare in his intense and dark ones. The cloudy, grey sky was nothing compared to his dark hazel ones. It looked as if even the light emerald specks had turned into forest green shards of glass that could pierce right through the heart of any individual,  tearing their soul apart. Her mouth hung in utter disbelief and shock as she saw that unmistakable signature smirk making it's way onto his gorgeous face.

The world around her blurred as she whispered a silent 'shit'  in dismay.
----------
Students started to gather in the auditorium. Whispers about the young entrepreneur went about which annoyed ridwaan azizi beyond anything else. He just felt like turning around and snapping at all those gossip girls but he had mastered the art of maintaining his composure whenever he was in public. He knew he had a reputation to maintain.

"now i call upon mr. Ridwaan azizi to give the welcoming speech" he crushed the paper which had the welcoming speech. In reality he wanted to chase all of the students away but decided against it when he saw his father smiling at him. He smiled back and ascended the stairs leading to the podium. As the dean fumbled with assembling all his scattered papers he realized nothing had changed. The dean was still the same and he understood the pain of the students. The atmosphere was still the same but he knew the walls of this University did carry dark memories. Then out of the corner of his eyes he noticed something. Three girls flocked together entered the auditorium. Curiosity got the better of him and he let his gaze wander to the one to the extreme right.

To say he was surprised would have been an understatement. He knew she was studying in one of the universities of new york but did not know it was this one. He held her surprised stare until he saw the dean stepping down clearly embarrassed. As her facial muscles tensed he let his signature smirk make it's way onto his face. She slowly lowered her gaze and followed her friends to the last row seats he climbed the remaining stairs to the podium and tapped on the microphone.

"good morning to one and all present here. As some of you might know,  i am an alumni of this University and nothing makes me more happy than to be back after many years. " everyone clapped as he lied.

" it's an honour for me to be here, welcoming you all to another new term and one that is very crucial for you. It's your final year,  now you wouldn't want to mess this year up" everyone smiled as he tried his best to speak positive things.

"i sincerely welcome you all and wish you luck. All the best for the upcoming year" with that he ended his speech. He liked to keep everything short.

"thank you mr. Azizi for that wonderful speech" the dean complimented as he rolled his eyes and went to sit in the front row. His gaze involuntarily searching someone in the last row. This time he could not hold her stare as she had her gaze lowered. This came around as another surprise,  because he had expected a glare tossed his way. Maybe a year was enough to have changed many things.

"i am happy to have given you the necessary instructions for this year and i'm sure all of you are familiar with the model code of conduct and i don't have to instruct you on proper behaviour. Now i would like to invite mr. Zarar azizi to come and speak a few words" claps resonated in the auditorium as senior azizi took over the podium. How many hours had it been that ridwaan had been rotting away in this crappy auditorium.

"good morning and i welcome you all. I have nothing much to say,  my son and the dean have done their job graciously,  but i do need to make an announcement. That is the sole purpose of this meet up" his dad gazed around as murmurs of excitement went around. Some thought maybe it was about a trip,  some thought it was a charity event,  some went to the extent of hoping for term end examinations to be eliminated. Ridwaan rolled his eyes listening to all the probabilities and almost laughed at all of them.

"i announce a series of events to be held in honour of the 25th anniversary of this University " everyone started whispering again and ridwaan raised an eyebrow at his dad's announcement. So this is what he had to volunteer for. He like the other students anticipated with bated breaths for further and clearer details.

" yes, you heard me right. Every student of this University will be participating in some or the other event. Some have the choice to take part in a charity event ,  others can volunteer for a festival abroad,  and some can participate in a fundraising event where those interested will organize a play. All of the events will witness world famous personalities and important people. " ridwaan sat back in his seat and groaned in annoyance, what was his father getting him into? He wanted nothing but to escape to Australia and take refuge in his work. Here he had come to spend some quality time with his family, but had got stuck in this mess.

"also my son ridwaan has happily obliged to take part in these events. I request all of you to choose a event you are interested in and proceed to make it a success. Preparations can begin from now,  and all of the events will take place during your holidays. Thank you and have a nice day" ridwaan could not stop glaring at his father as he kicked his chair and followed the rest of the students exiting the auditorium. All he wanted now was to drive and get to his 'favourite spot'  as soon as possible. He needed to release stress. A few girls passed by giving him a flirtatious wink as he looked away in disgust. He was a womaniser, but that was long ago. Now he had changed. There was a reason of course.

"prefects and ridwaan stay back" his father's voice blared through the auditorium speaker. He stomped his foot on the carpeted stair of the huge auditorium and turned around to see a crowd gathering near the stage. He heard another person muttering 'shit'  and looked towards none other than shira abed looking towards the stage annoyed. Her eyes met his' and she looked away,  whispering something to her friends and walked towards the stage. He assumed she was a prefect. He followed unwillingly and stood behind the male prefects.

"sorry to say but all of you have no choice. Yes you can select a event of prime importance to your interest but you would need to be familiar with the other events as well because you all will be ensuring the smooth functioning of all the events.  you all are selected as prefects for a reason and i know you won't disappoint us. " the dean spoke and the prefects nodded their heads obediently. Ridwaan shook his head. He saw his father conversing with the other trustees and university authorities and groaned to himself. He needs to sort this out.

" mr azizi your father wishes that you do the same as the prefects. Thank you all and have a nice day." There it was. Sorted for him already.
--------
So yeah vote and comment.