Chapter 23

Caleb

I quickly got the twins ready to spend the day with my parents. It was hard to get two 3 year old dressed. When the twins was all ready I brought them downstairs where their beautiful mother was in the kitchen cleaning the dishes. When she heard us, she turned around and narrowed her eyes at Alexa. "Caleb. What in the world is my daughter wearing?" I looked down at Alexa and looked back up at Bella and shrugged my shoulders, "What? I see nothing wrong with her outfit." Bella scoffed, "You dressed her into one of Xander's shirts and baggy pants!" She picked up Alexa and put her on her hip and went upstairs. I looked down at Xander who was looking up at me with the same green eyes as me but with a lot of innocence,"I will never understand women, Xander." He just looked at me and laughed. "Yeah. Me too buddy."

I heard Bella come downstairs carrying Alexa dressed in something girly. She was wearing a yellow sundress and white sandals and Bella put Alexa's hair into a french braid. "See Caleb, this is how you're supposed to dress your daughter." Bella said as she pushed some loose stands behind Alexa's ears. "What would I ever do without you Isabella." I rolled my eyes. Bella flipped her hair, "Go crazy without me." I rolled my eyes at my girlfriend. "Alright, lets get you two in the car." I said and all 4 of us walked outside. We buckled in the twins. Bella and I stood next to the drivers side of the car, She kissed my cheek and walked back inside. When she shut the door behind her I got into the car and drove to my parents.

When I pulled into the driveway my mom walked out and raced towards the door with my dad following her. Instead of seeing me first, she went to the twins. "Okay, I see how it is mom." I said with a small smile. My mom rolled her eyes at me, "If you were this small again then I would embrace you first." My mom said as she came to hug me. She gave me a quick hug then went to the twins. The four of them said their hellos and gave hugs, "Alright you two. You're gonna spend the day here." They looked at me and smiled then ran inside to wreck the house. 'Good luck' I mouthed to my dad, he just smiled and shook his head.

I got into the car and drove back to the house. I walked inside and saw Bella cleaning, again. Since she came back I noticed that she cleans more and more. She used to hate cleaning and her room was messy, now it's always spotless. That's going to be amazing for when we get married. She changed into a black skater skirt and and white tank top. Her hair was thrown into a ponytail. "Bells, why are you cleaning? This place is already spotless." She stopped her sweeping and looked up at me, "No, it's not clean enough and it smells. Did the twins bring in something?" I looked at her weirdly, "Not to my knowledge and if they did you probably already cleaned it up." She rolled her eyes at me. I walked up to her and took the broom she opened her mouth to protest, I quickly shushed her, "You need to relax. The twins are with my parents, the house is clean, now we get rime to ourselves, just you and me Bella." She shook her head at me and tried taking the broom back but I held it up in the air where she couldn't reach it because she was short. 

"Caleb with the twins gone I can clean without them being in my way or with them bothering  me or asking for something, then I'm going to take a bath and read a book." I shook my head. I wrapped an arm around her waist and dragged her to the couch. I sat sat down and pulled her into my lap and turned the TV on. She tried getting up but she struggled against me, "No Bella. We are going to sit here and watch a movie and just relax. I want to spend some quality time with my girlfriend." I wrapped my arms around her. Bella eventually gave in and leaned against my chest as we watched reruns of Friends'.

We spent 3 hours watching Friends'. We laughed and made out and laughed some more and eventually Bella fell asleep in my arms. After a half hour I started to drift off too. I woke up an hour later to get a drink of water, I carefully moved Bella from my lap and laid her on the couch and put a blanket over her from the back of the couch. She looked peaceful but really exhausted.