Everything that was happening right now, the sheer coldness of the house was nothing but an after-thought at this moment. The only thing I could think about was one of the happiest moments of my life. Even though I knew that I would soon meet the darkness, I would leave this world with a smile on my face as I reminisced.

“Where are you!?” a voice surrounds us somewhere in the fog. It was the priest’s voice.

“I’m here!” I shout, watching as the outline of his body appears, rushing over to us. He looked to be holding a large black book in his hand, and his silver cross necklace that was now wrapped around his hand.

“What are we going to do?” I ask.  “He’s still outside there, and it’s getting colder every minute. We won’t survive long like this.”

“Don’t worry son, I’m going to make sure that you and your daughter get out of here safely. There’s a priest I know who will be able to help you,” he says passing me a piece of ripped paper in my hand with a name and address.”In our time together, we have performed countless of exorcisms; it’s vital that you go straight to him and tell him that Father Kinderman sent you. You must not waste any time. If there is anyone that can help you... it’s Father Margolis.

“What about you? Why can’t you come with us?”

Father Kinderman shakes his head. “No! It’s not possible. I will be able to hold Abaddon off for as long as possible, but I won’t be able to hold him off for long. But it’ll give you enough time to make sure that you can get to Father Margolis. There’s a car at the back of the house near the woods. You take that car and go straight to the address, do you understand?”

“But...”

“Do you understand!?” he says interrupting me in a fierce tone.

“I understand Father.” I reply, as he hands me the keys to the car.

“As soon as I open the door, you take your daughter and run out of the back house towards the car. You won’t have much time to waste, and he will be following you closely behind. We must act now.”

Father Kinderman looks down to Abigail and smiles, before disappearing back again into the fog and towards the door. I could barely make the outline of his body, but I saw the door swing open and watch Father Kinderman as he walked out into the darkness.

“I command you to leave unclean spirit!” I hear his voice in the distance.

Father Kinderman had instructed me not to waste any time. I grab onto Abigail and rush through the fog and out to the back of the house. I could see the old-run down car that was near the woods just like Father Kinderman had said it was. My heart is beating frantically. I just want to get out of here.

We rush to the car and get inside, forgetting to put on my seat buckle as I quickly place the key into the ignition and drive through the forest and onto the lonely road which lead us further away from the house.  

I was driving as fast as I could go in the car, down the lonesome road as the dead trees swayed and the leaves blew up towards the car. It was difficult to see anything; we were driving into an abyss of darkness.

“Daddy, there’s something in front of us!” she screams.

I turn on the headlights and shine it bright onto the figure which I was driving full-speed at. As I drove closer, its shocked eyes turned towards us to see that it was a deer that had stopped itself in the middle of the road.

“Daddy!” Abigail screams.

I sway the car to the right to try and avoid the deer, slamming on the brake as the car became uncontrollable and swirling around like a circle until it finally stopped.