"Excuse me?" My voice is higher pitched than usual, with an annoyed tremble and cracking at the end.

"Your date with Aominecchi, Haicchi~! How did it go-ssu?" My face is beyond a thousand shades of read. As the shades progress, Ryouta's grin gets wider and wider. "That well, huh-ssu?" He says with a wink. My face darkens.

"I d-don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Kise." I reply as I look away. "We hung out at the mall and caught a movie." Thoughts of yesterday bring a smile creeping along my lips.

"That's not what Kasamatsu-senpai said when we were behind you-ssu." My head turns so fast that my hair practically whips my face.

"Whaaaat?" My eyes are wide and surprised. "We were in the very back. There weren't any rows behind us!" The blond model grins.

"We were across the aisle and he mentioned it as you exited." My face is turning several darker shades of red. "You didn't pay much attention to that movie, did you-ssu?" I smack the blond roughly and let out a small cry of outrage as my cheeks redden once more.

"Be quiet, Ryouta!" I plead. Honestly, this boy is bad for my heart. My face is nothing short of scorching and I can't decide whether to laugh or cry. "Don't be mean to me." I try to pout my way out of this discussion. The model's having none of it.

"Ne, Haicchi, what was the movie even about, hm? Is Aominecchi a good-"

"Be quiet, Ryouta!" I squeal, placing my hands over the blond's mouth in an effort to stifle the flow of blush-inducing words that drop from his candied tongue. "So what if I didn't pay attention to the movie?"

The blond laughs as he pulls my hands away from his mouth. "See? I knew it-ssu!" My flushed cheeks darken more, something that should now be impossible.

"Ryouta, you're being cruel!" I'm just a whirling mess of embarrassment, and I wonder how anyone can stand be next to someone as embarrassing as I am. "How about we talk about your date with this Kasamatsu person?"

Ryouta's cheeks darken in a very non-Ryouta-like blush. "It was a date!" I reply with wide eyes. "I didn't think I'd gotten that right." It's funny, though. I guess that interesting or endearing would be better words to describe the way the blond's eyes light up at the mention of this Kasamatsu. It brings a smile to the corners of my lips. Ryou's a lot like a puppy, I think. He loves everyone, sometimes too much I think. I'm glad he found someone he likes.

Then the blond evades the question, or rather, the suggestion very sneakily. "I paid more attention to that movie than you did, Haicchi~!" In my new flush of humiliation, I completely forget about Ryou's much more interesting love life as I chase him around the park and threaten him. It goes on far longer than it should for kids our age, but what do I care? Ryou's sunny and bright and fun to be around. Messing with him makes me smile.

"Your loss then~!" I say teasingly. "My distraction was much more fulfilling than yours was, apparently." The blond laughs, a noise that sounds like wind chimes.

"Sure, sure, Haicchi." He says. "I'll walk you home. Aominecchi will probably get worried if you're out too long. I told him I was going to see you." I stick my tongue out.

"Daiki isn't my babysitter, ya know." I reply with a roll of my eyes. "But I guess it would be good to get home. If you don't mind the distance, you're more than welcome to walk with me."

The walk home is filled with brisk, cool breezes, Ryouta's laughter, and a constant stream of chatter that never ceases, even when I stop to get meat buns. He finally takes me up on the offer to eat something when we pass along onto a new street.