Chapter 2: The coffee shop

"Bryleigh, I have to leave tomorrow. Ethan, do you think you could start tomorrow?" Dad said looking at Ethan.

"Yes sir. So tomorrow's Monday, and I'll have to take you to school." Ethan said.

"You know I have a car, right?" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Your dad said I have to take you. So your stuck with me for tomorrow." Ethan said smirking.

"Did y'all get each others numbers, so you know when Ethan is coming over?" Dad said smiling.

"Here, hand me your phone and I'll give you my number." I said reaching for his phone. Our hands touched and we looked into each other's eyes.

"Sorry. Here." I put my number in his phone.

"So you can take her to school in the morning, and then you can bring her home, and she showed you your bedroom, so you can have that room." Dad said to Ethan.

"Ok, you wanna go grab some coffee, Bryleigh?" Ethan said.

"Sure. Let me grab my purse." I went up to my room, and got my purse and went back downstairs.

"I'm ready." I said jumping off the last step of the stairs.

We get there and started talking.

"So there's this parade this weekend. I was gonna go, but I don't have a date. Do you think you might wanna go? I mean, not as a real date." I said blushing.

"Sure. Do you mind if my brother comes? Oh, wait, he doesn't have a date." Ethan said taking a sip of his drink.

"I have the perfect person. Let me call her real quick." I said as I stood up.

Bryleigh-Hey Noor, you know that parade this weekend?
Noor-Yea. I don't have a date so I'm not going.
Bryleigh-Well, since my dads going away, he got one of his old friends son to be my "Protector" and he has a twin brother.
Noor-Is he cute?
Bryleigh-I haven't met his twin, but if he looks anything like his brother, then he is SUPER cute. I gtg. We're at the coffee shop. I'll tell him you're coming!!

I walk back to the table.

"She can come. She can't wait to meet your brother." I said sitting down.

"I called my brother, and he said he'll go with us."