Wherever You Are

Not AU for once.

Songfic of Wherever You Are by 5 Seconds of Summer

--

Misty and Brock stayed at the airport as they watched the airplane their friend, Ash, was in.

Brock wore a faint smile. "Well, there he goes again. Off to Alola he goes."

Misty faked a smile. However, she wanted to cry deep inside.

Memories came flashing back.

All their travels and the fun they had together. Back when it was them.

The original trio.

Well, mostly Ash. She still enjoyed the times when Brock was away, and Tracey took over.

Ash was her best friend. Perhaps maybe she even felt something more than that.

Before, she hoped that she could just travel with her friends, discover more about the wonders of Pokemon, or just enjoy their youth while they had it.

She remembered the time they met Harrison, the trainer Ash met in the Johto League. He was from Hoenn, a region Ash hadn't even heard of until then. She had a gut feel that Hoenn would be his next destination.

And well, she wanted to join too. She was excited to see the water types exclusive to Hoenn. But really, she wanted to just keep on traveling with her friends.

It pained her when she found out that she had to be separated from the group. She had to take over the Cerulean Gym.

For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we had to say goodbye

Of course, being a Gym Leader was a huge deal. It's not everyday that someone gets such opportunity. Many kids dream of becoming Gym Leaders. Misty got that chance, and she knew that she shouldn't waste it. Besides, it would be a bit irresponsible on her part to leave a gym just so she can travel with some boy or just to have fun. (Although that's kinda what her sisters did)

Misty has her own goals – her own dreams. Sometimes, you have to sacrifices in order to get there.

And well, Misty has done a great job as a Gym Leader. Of course, she still thought of Ash.

'I wonder what you're doing. I wonder where you are now. I wonder who you're with now. Are you enjoying your time with them? I hope you are. But...I hope you're not forgetting about me, Brock and even Tracey.'

I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had, and so I walk alone
I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know

Misty managed to see Ash when she got a call to go to the Mirage Kingdom in Hoenn. After that, they saw each other a few times back in Kanto when Ash took on the Battle Frontier. A lot of time would pass until they saw each other again. That was when Ash and his classmates in Alola had a field trip in Kanto.

From those times, she could tell Ash was doing fine. That made her happy and content.

Of course, when she doesn't see him, she still worries. She constantly thinks of him. There were times that she wanted to call him, but she didn't want to feel like a bother. She didn't want him or his new friends to think that she was too concerned about him. She didn't want to come off as creepy.

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are

Little did Misty know, Ash thought of the same things.

Misty was the very first person who joined him in his journeys. Of course, she'd be very special to him.

In his travels through Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and now in Alola, he would think of Misty. He missed her and thought of her every single day. He hoped that Misty was doing well in the gym.

Sure, he has made many friends along the way, but he would always imagine what it would be like if Misty were still around. He'd be so much happier that way.

However, he understands why Misty couldn't be with him. She has her own dreams. She's not meant to be some sidekick or underling. She wasn't meant to be just that "hotheaded girl who tags along with Ash."

She was Misty, the Gym Leader of Cerulean City. And that made Ash proud and happy.

He remembers when he got to see Mallow and Lana battle Misty. She looked so much stronger. She really looked like a master in her art. He was supposed to cheer on both sides, but he couldn't help but be very proud of his best friend.

Of course, now that they're apart again, Ash can't help but be concerned.

Whenever Ash got to a Pokemon Center, he wanted to call on Misty just to see how she was doing. However, he didn't want to be a bother. He knew Misty was very busy.

Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

But then, they did make a promise. That they will always support each other, and that they'll be together again soon.

That they'll be together forever, no matter how long.

But, was that really meant to be?

They were worried about that. That maybe they wouldn't cross paths again.

You can we'll be together, someday
But nothing lasts forever
Nothing stays the same
So why can't I stop feeling this way?

--

As Misty and Brock leave the airport, they run into Delia Ketchum. She was carrying two small boxes.

"Ash wanted me to give you this. I don't know why he couldn't give it himself, but he says it's something really special." Delia said as she handed Misty and Brock a box each. "He's usually so comfortable when it comes to you guys. But hey, that's for you guys to figure out why."

Brock opened his box. It was a sun-shaped keychain that had "ALOLA" written on it. There was also a note. It was something about Brock being an awesome pal.

As for Misty, she received some sort of charm bracelet. There was a sun, moon, Pikachu, tear drop and a red cap charm attached to the bracelet. There was also a note inside the box.

Misty,

I hope you like this. I remember going at a store here in Alola that had different charms, and I immediately thought of you. I had to get it. It's something that will always remind us of the good times in the past, yet also a reminder for us to keep on moving forward.

I know you'll reach your dreams, and I hope you still believe in me. I've had many friends along the way. Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Bonnie, Clemont and Serena. They're all important to me. They're all special to me. However, nothing compares to the bond I've shared with you and Brock. Especially you, Misty. You met me when I had just started out my journey. And yet, you still continue to support me. Thank you. I know we'll see each other again. And maybe someday, we'll be together for a long time.

– Ash Ketchum

--

Alright!

So yeah.

I actually didn't know what to write, so I tried channeling 2015 me.

There are two things about 2015 me. One, it was kinda easy for me to have the inspiration to make a oneshot. Two, I was addicted to 5 Seconds of Summer.

I've toned down on the 5SOS love. I still love them, but I'm not addicted anymore. They're not gonna pop out in SWTPP randomly anymore. They're still pretty cool, though.

Hey. I wanna say that the old me is dead. But honestly, old me was kinda cool.

THE OLD ELEMENO CAN'T COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT NOW.

Have a good day!