Chapter 4......

The next couple days were a blur to everyone. Jack remained at the hospital for three days, on the fourth day he was allowed to go home, but not to school. That was okay. Jack hated school anyway. Ayla declared that she would't go to school until Jack was there, and her parents couldn't convince her otherwise. But Jack did, telling her it would make him feel even worse if she was behind in all her classes. Truth is, Jack wanted time alone in his room. He had a few new and old drum sets and he was thankful. He had one in the corner of his room, and a nice gaming computer set in the other corner. His room wise his little paradise, and it was his, and his alone.

Back at school, Mark was trying his best not to kill those who hurt Jack. Ever since he found the boy lying in the dirt. he realized how broken the boy really is. Not just in the physical sense, but in the mental state too. He was so scared of everything, that he would not let anyone past his iron walls that he had built around himself. The only person who knew the way in was Ayla, and Mark was determined to figure out her secrets. He wanted to help Jack in the worst way possible, but Jack made it possible that he wanted nothing to do with Mark. And that hurt. People around the school were posting rude and spiteful remarks that were obviously pointed towards Jack. Taping up papers about his mental state, or how he was hated for who he was. A few were directed towards the LGBT community in general. And Mark knew he should probably keep quiet for the time being about his own sexuality. He wanted to help out the boy that needed it before worrying about his own issues. Mark was soon snapped out of his thoughts by a flash of teal and a bone crushing hug. "Fischbach! Youuuu are you to be bringing Jack his homework that he missed for the last week because I have to go babysit directly after school mk? I wrote his address on a sticky note and stuck it on the packet of work. I left it in your locker." Ayla said in a chirp. "Wait- how the hell do you know my locker combination? Mark said but he was too late, the girl already halfway down the hall, her laugh echoed back toward him.

After school was over, most kids had already filed out and gone home. Mark was standing by his locker, packing things into his backpack. He made sure he put Jack's homework in first, so he would not accidentally forget it. He put the sticky note with the green-haired boy's address in his deep pocket. It had started raining at some point of the day, and now it was pouring. Soon Mark was leaving the school, setting out for the house of the one person who wanted nothing to do with him. He's not even going to let me inside, he's just going to shut the door in my face. Mark thought as he walked, the rain pelting against his back. Oh how he wished he had an umbrella with him.

The rain was cold, and soaked him to the bone. He was just glad that his backpack was water-resistant and that the stuff inside would remain safe and dry. It took him half a hour to find where he was going, and by then, Mark was completely drenched and shaking with cold. His hand hovered over the wooden door, wondering if it should knock. "Fuck it." mark knocked and about 10 seconds later a figure stood with a hood on, but is was not Jack. It was a girl. "Can I help you?" she looked at him through the darkness or her hood. "Umm...yea I have Jack's homework, I was asked to bring it to him"Mark replied awkwardly. The girl stepped aside and let him in. "Holy hell your soaked...i'll go get my brother. Stay here" She ran upstairs after shutting the door Mark had come out of. "Oh, it's you, Jack's voice lost all the eagerness that had been in it. "What do you want Mark..?, I thought I made it clear that I wanted you to- he was cut off. "Yes I realize you said that, Ayla asked me to bring you your homework, so you could stay caught up. Here." Mark set his backpack down and digging out his homework and notes he made in class . He handed them to Jack. "The notes are mine but you can take them since you were not there" he said. Mark was visibly shaking from being so cold, but he didn't care. He zipped his bag on slowly and went to put it back on. But Jack stopped him.. "your not going anywhere out like that", he sighed. "Come on, come with me." He said before walking back upstairs. Mark was confused about this, but he slipped off his shoes and followed Jack.

Jack lead him up to the second floor, and down a hallway. The house seemed so much bigger from the inside than from the outside. The two walked into a room that looked as if it were in the process of being emptied out. "My brother was a bit bigger than you...but some of his clothes might be the right size" Jack spoke and he opened a cardboard box on the floor. He pulled out a black shirt and a pair of sweatpants. "Here, "the bathroom is across the hall" he mumbled quietly, and almost shoved Mark toward It. After Mark was done, he walked out of the bathroom with his wet clothes in had. Jack snatched them and carried them downstairs to the laundry room, throwing them into the dryer before walking up to the confused raven head. "I maybe an ass but i'm not letting ya freeze," said Jack and sighed "I guess I'll have to deal with you till your clothes are dry. Jack headed to his bedroom, with Mark following. "You know I really don't mind leaving them here If you want me to leave", Mark said, not wanting to make him angry. Jack only shook his head and held the door for him. Mark entered without another word and Jack closed the door behind them.

Jack's room was not at all what Mark had expected. The walls were covered in quotes and random drawings than Jack had made. The actual color of the wall was a pale red and the floor was clean and hardwood. A drum set stood in the corner, in rather good condition and it fit in the room quite well. But what really caught Mark's eye was the gaming corner that Jack had gone to. "You like video games?", Mark asked, defining the silence. "Yeh..." is all Jack responded with. The taller raven head hovered over jack's shoulder, looking at the games. "Damn, I haven't seen these games in a few years...", he commented while pointing to one of the older games. "Want to play..?" Jack asked, not even realizing until the words slipped out of his lips. A few hours later, they were playing the same game in the darkness of Jack's bedroom, sitting side by side on the floor. "I bet you my clothes are dry by now". Mark said, once he realized the time. "so what?" was all he got in response". So he stayed there with a soft smile on his face; playing video games in the dark with a person who didn't want anything to do with him. Or so he thought.

To be continued..