Chapter 3...........

The pain seemed to on forever. The pain ceaseless. Jack laid there, wishing everything would end. How could he have been so stupid? He knew better than to trust anyone, he hated himself more than usual. Morning couldn't seem to come fast enough. The light slowly rose above the trees, illuminating the patch of forest he had been left in. Just as he felt consciousness leave his body, he heard the sound of someone singing. The voice was smooth, calming to Jack's damaged ears. He couldn't help but smile a pained smile as the soft voice became softer, and softer, until there was only silence. Later, the sound of rushed footsteps was heard, going to Jack's side. He couldn't really make out what the person was saying, nor could he see the person. But all he knew was that the person was their to finish him. That's when everything went dark.

Jack awoke in a hospital, which only seemed like seconds to him. He took a moment to adjust his eyesight to the blinding white light, once he could see, he scanned the room with his baby blue eyes that made Mark's heart melt. As he scanned the room, he noticed two backpacks placed onto a chair next to his rather uncomfortable hospital bed. This confused him, he wondered who's stuff that might be. As he was lost in a train of thought, Ayla walked into the room and gasped- almost dropping the food she had to get. "Jack, your awake!", she said and quickly went to his side, setting down the assortment of sugary foods she had brought in. Behind her soon Mark entered the room, his eyes wide with hope at what Ayla said. "Mn..yea I am awake thanks, captain obvious". He looked at Mark as the slightly taller boy came to Jack's side "what are you doing here..?", he almost grumbled. "He's the one that found you..he didn't even know if you were alive when he found you," Ayla said before Mark had a chance to answer, leaving him to only nod. Jack thought for a moment, the singing must have been Mark. He made Jack smile. No, he could't have. No one could. No one could make Jack happy, he was't allowed to be.

"So, what happened exactly" asked Ayla. It had been a little over an hour after Jack had woken up but nothing had really been said about what happened. "I trusted someone" was all that could out of Jack's lips as he picked at his food, that he probably would't eat. One, it was hospital food so it was disgusting and Two, Jack almost never ate. Ever. Ayla had stopped forcing him to eat, because she knew it would only make it worse. The best she could do was put the food infront of him and hope for the best. "Who?" Ayla pushed further, wanting to know who did this to her best friend. Mark knew, but didn't let Ayla know. "Luke, Sage, Henry...." he trailed off. "There is something your not telling me" she instantly stated. "who else?" Jack looked down.."Kyle".

Mark now knew why Ayla  always seemed so joyful and happy. She kept all of her anger and sadness pent up inside. And now it was showing as she turned almost completely red and stood up. Storming out of the room, do to do god knows what, leaving the two boys alone in the hospital room. "Remind me to never make her mad" Mark commented quietly. He didn't really get a response from Jack, just a side glance and a huff. The raven head was about to say something else, but he was cut off by Jack. "I don't care that you brought me here, Mark,  I still don't like you and we aren't friends", thanks for trying to act like you care, but stop and please leave me alone" Jack spit.

_____________________________________________________________

Author's note --> I know Mark and Jack's relationship doesn't look too good, but I promise you they will. Jack's just really stuborn and you will just have to wait for the next update. Sorry guys! luv u!!