Chapter 6 part 2......

They drove, heading away from civilization. They had both convinced their parents to let them leave for the weekend, to go be alone, away from emotional danger that threatened them even in their own homes. Mark has gotten his mother to let him borrow her car for a few days they would be gone. The drive was silent, that is until Jack started to fiddle with the radio. He found a song that he liked and smiled, starting to sing along quietly to the lyrics, "When I was a young boy, My father took me into the city .......To see a marching band. He said, son, when you grow up, Would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?. He said, will you defeat them- your demons and all the non-believers? The plans that they have made? Because one day I'll leave you, A phantom to lead you in the summer. To join the black parade." Mark could only listen as the Irishmen matched the words almost as if he never had an accent., he reached over and took ahold of his partner's hand. Jack just absentmindedly played with Mark's hand and he couldn't help but chuckle. This would be a fun weekend.

The two eventually reached their destination and slipped out of the car.